Gatherin of Conservatives Calls For 3rd Party

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
I'm hoping Brian Jean wins the leadership but will willingly change my mind once I know more about what other potential candidates have to say. Not impressed w/Kenny. Also interested in hearing more from the Alberta party.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
I'm hoping Brian Jean wins the leadership but will willingly change my mind once I know more about what other potential candidates have to say. Not impressed w/Kenny. Also interested in hearing more from the Alberta party.
The Alberta party is not concerned about Albertans, they are a selfish group and the leader Dave ?? Is only concerned about himself and having his own little party to lead so as to keep paying him his AB salary.
He will continue to tinker with policy ideas to stir controversy, but he is NOT a leader of a large party. He is self centered and selfish.

I think Kenny is a better communicator than Jean, and he is probably more politically astute than Jean

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
The Con bots need to honestly get with the times.

Imagine that there might be people out there who would vote for a party that might "understand" the word, "fiscal".

[youtube]ezPOYOGvuFk[/youtube]

Last edited:

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
– Albertans seem happy with the prospect of Brian Jean becoming leader of the United Conservative Party (UCP), a new Insights West poll has found.

In the online survey of a representative provincial sample, 44% of Albertans say they have a favourable opinion of Jean, including 74% of those who voted for the Wildrose Party in the 2015 provincial election and 61% of those who supported the Progressive Conservatives.

The numbers are lower for fellow UCP leadership hopeful Jason Kenney. Only one third of Albertans (32%) have a favourable view of Kenney, including 55% of Wildrose voters and 54% of Progressive Conservative voters.

Jean is also viewed more favourably than Kenney by Albertans who voted for the governing New Democratic Party (NDP) in 2015 (26% for Jean and 11% for Kenney).

https://insightswest.com/news/jean-seen-as-better-option-for-united-conservative-party-in-alberta/

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
If a national party could be formed that supported small 'c' conservative social principles, a strong federated union and economic policies are nationalist, populist, dirigiste and progressive i'd support them in an instant.

But the Conservative Party of Canada has been under the control of NeoConservatives for decades. Under the cruddy, phony leaderships of Brian Mulroney and Stephen Harper they give lip service only to social conservatism and are rabid supporters of Free Trade, Monetarism, Deregulation, Privatization. They are quislings for global oligarchs and federal deconstructionists. They expect to be well rewarded by them on their retirement for services rendered.

They in no way promote real conservatism or an evolution of the policies of John A. MacDonald, the founding visionary of the party and of the country. It is inundated with Canada's pathetic Business Establishment, post-nationalists who are far more interested in lowering their marginal tax rates than serving their country. Or to the provincial potentates who want to turn Canada into an abstraction subservient to regional power interests.

They are really all Classic Economic Liberals with their pillars of of Free Markets and laissez faire regulatory policies.. and they are cultural libertarians who have no moral standards at all beyond 'do as thy please' but don't get in the way of business.

Last edited: