For IPhone users......

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I have yet to find a way to share contacts. I can forward current list but unlike our calendars, they are not able to be synced.
I've done it often with my wife...pick a contact in your list...scroll down to the bottom and you have three choices
Send message
share contact
add to favorites
when you press on share contact the choice to email or text message pops up

Contacts is one of the things I have on cloud, just in case,,,

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I've done it often with my wife...pick a contact in your list...scroll down to the bottom and you have three choices
Send message
share contact
add to favorites
when you press on share contact the choice to email or text message pops up

Contacts is one of the things I have on cloud, just in case,,,

Yes, I can share it via e-mail or text. And my contacts are on the cloud as well. But if I send her a contact then change it, that does not get reflected in her copy also on the cloud (but her cloud). Calendars are fully synced.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Yes, I can share it via e-mail or text. And my contacts are on the cloud as well. But if I send her a contact then change it, that does not get reflected in her copy also on the cloud (but her cloud). Calendars are fully synced.
You can make my life easier if you can tell me how to sync calendars....

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
You can make my life easier if you can tell me how to sync calendars....

You would share your calendar with your wife. And she with you. You can designate it to be a particular colour on your phone. Once you have accepted the calendar you should see it in your view seamlessly. Any updates would then be immediately visible across devices. You can also get a sync utility from Apple to sync with your PC/Outlook too.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
You would share your calendar with your wife. And she with you. You can designate it to be a particular colour on your phone. Once you have accepted the calendar you should see it in your view seamlessly. Any updates would then be immediately visible across devices. You can also get a sync utility from Apple to sync with your PC/Outlook too.
Thank.....I was also looking at a google sync....sometimes you try several thing before you find one just right for you....

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Yes, and the block is by contact, I don't have to do that step each time.
Logged in my first spammer and blocked the number this morning....Walking with bluetooth headphones, with the dog leash in one hand, you can't check who is calling ......bloody fake virus in your computer call...
Now all that is left to do is add any other number that I don't want to answer to that contact "Spammer"

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Logged in my first spammer and blocked the number this morning....Walking with bluetooth headphones, with the dog leash in one hand, you can't check who is calling ......bloody fake virus in your computer call...
Now all that is left to do is add any other number that I don't want to answer to that contact "Spammer"

The ones I get are the ones from the Marriot or Hilton or <insert hotel name here>. Lately they have switched to Air Miles or Air Canada. Same voice, same tape recording.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
The ones I get are the ones from the Marriot or Hilton or <insert hotel name here>. Lately they have switched to Air Miles or Air Canada. Same voice, same tape recording.
I just found out the other day that when I "add" another number to the "Spammer" contact, that it won't block that "new" number unless I unblock the the contact and re block it then that number shows up in the block numbers list in "settings"........

Itunes just had another update on my PC yesterday that seems to have fixed everyting....now the update server is accessible at any time and shows "This version of i Tunes (12.2.1) is the current version" when I try to update now!
Another thing I found when walking this morning Is that "Random Play" might be the truest random yet...on iPhones new update.
My music just quit playing after finishing a song, and there seemed to be no way to restart it again, until it dawned on me, that maybe it had gone through all the music that I had on my phone in a week, so I went through the whole procedure of picking a song on the list, choosing the little "Random Play" icon and went merrily on my way until the next time I run through the complete library on my phone...

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I just found out the other day that when I "add" another number to the "Spammer" contact, that it won't block that "new" number unless I unblock the the contact and re block it then that number shows up in the block numbers list in "settings"........

Itunes just had another update on my PC yesterday that seems to have fixed everyting....now the update server is accessible at any time and shows "This version of i Tunes (12.2.1) is the current version" when I try to update now!
Another thing I found when walking this morning Is that "Random Play" might be the truest random yet...on iPhones new update.
My music just quit playing after finishing a song, and there seemed to be no way to restart it again, until it dawned on me, that maybe it had gone through all the music that I had on my phone in a week, so I went through the whole procedure of picking a song on the list, choosing the little "Random Play" icon and went merrily on my way until the next time I run through the complete library on my phone...

I have noticed quirks on random play myself. Seem to be some repeats.

My block works when I add a number to the spammer list. Not sure why yours doesn't.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I have noticed quirks on random play myself. Seem to be some repeats.

My block works when I add a number to the spammer list. Not sure why yours doesn't.
When I went to settings>Phone>Blocked
And looked at it I had one CONTACT named "Spammer" and 2 numbers (so far)...but only one was colored (519) 936-1585
The other was in black
After turning the block off then back on I now have 2 blocked contacts with the name Spammer and they each have a different number colored for blocking and no more calls from either of them and before I was getting them daily....
Dunno what I did wrong

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
When I went to settings>Phone>Blocked
And looked at it I had one CONTACT named "Spammer" and 2 numbers (so far)...but only one was colored (519) 936-1585
The other was in black
After turning the block off then back on I now have 2 blocked contacts with the name Spammer and they each have a different number colored for blocking and no more calls from either of them and before I was getting them daily....
Dunno what I did wrong

None of my numbers are blocked but I see them in the blocked list.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Finally, after looking for a long time, found an "app" that will print documents not just photos to any cheap wi fi printer (Expensive "air print" printer not necessary)
Called "Printer Share".....around five bucks...You can C/P any document into the app to print use the scanner (At least on my cheap canon printer/scanner)
Only one draw-back (which I can live with)....a few of the settings on the printer have to be preset on the computer, Such as color or gray-scale....but since I rarely print photos my printer was already preset, so didn't have to change a thing

It seems also that at least one PC that use the printer has to be turned on......why??? dunno and I haven't tested that out.......yet... lol

tuci

Jan 28, 2019
If you like to put "all" your music on random play and just skip over songs you don't want to listen to just now.....
Beware of the new ios 8.4 update from itunes...
They have done some major screwing around with the music app.
Also with the new itunes PC update....
I have just spent 3 hours on both
I had to reload all my music on the Itunes program on my PC which took a while because the update had reformatted the way it was presented on my screen and I had to redo all my preferences (start from scratch so to speak)
I was lucky all my songs were still on the phone because now I don't dare sync it to my PC
I just finally found a link wit instructions to Random play all the songs
I just hope it saves someone a lot of work for nothing....
Shuffle Songs in the iOS 8.4 Music App | Kirkville
There are many ways to install such music apps on your ios device without jailbreaking device. One of them is to use cydia impactor software.

hunterclail1221

Aug 6, 2018
Seeing this bumped just recently, I'm glad iPhone users aren't too limited to use the music app. Music streaming apps have stepped up greatly.