Football fan builds Lego models of all 92 Premier League and Football League teams

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
A football fan has become the first person to build Lego models of all of the stadiums of the 92 teams in England's Premier League and Football League...

PREMIER LEAGUE-O Football fan becomes the first person to build all 92 stadiums out of Lego — and he used 160,000 bricks

Cardiff City supporter Jules Richards, 45, spent 3½ years putting together the grounds after stunning fans with his beloved team's stadium

Exclusive
By Guy Patrick
7th June 2018

A FOOTIE fan has become the first person to build all 92 Premier and Football League club stadiums from Lego.

Jules Richards, 45, spent 3½ years putting together the grounds and used 160,000 bricks.

Cardiff City supporter Jules Richards, 45, started his epic Lego journey with his beloved team's stadium

Jules Richards with Cardiff City boss Neil Warnock

He began in 2015 with his beloved Cardiff City’s stadium — and was then asked by a Sheffield Wednesday fan to create a Hillsborough.

Each of the 15 inch by 15 inch models took about 10 hours to complete.

His version of Barnsley’s Oakwell now sits in the League One club’s boardroom.

And Wolves have one of Jules’ creations on display in their main entrance at Molineux.

Man City's Etihad Stadium in Lego form

Chelsea's Stamford Bridge made from Lego by Jules Richards

Huddersfield Town's John Smith's Stadium scaled down to 15 inch by 15 inch in a Lego model

Plymouth Argyle's Home Park in miniature form as part of his 3 and a half year challenge

Jules, of Luton, said: “I’ve always liked Lego as a kid and it’s continued from there. I didn’t think I’d do all 92.”

Some of his stadiums have been snapped up by fans for £140.

Newly-promoted Fulham's Craven Cottage in Lego form

Lincoln City's Sincil Bank

Nottingham Forest's famous City Ground could fetch more than £140 from a beloved fan

Jules, who also created Leeds United's Elland Road, says he 'always liked Lego as a kid'

But he says he has no plans to build any more and has either sold or dismantled his creations, including a Wembley and Barcelona’s Camp Nou.

Jules, who studies photos of each ground to make his mini masterpieces, added: “They’ve either gone to buyers or dismantled. I don’t have any in my home that are for me. I have made a huge Ninian Park for a guy in Jersey.”

He said the trickiest ground to make was Burnley’s Turf Moor as it boasts working floodlights.

He completed his final ground, Preston North End's Deepdale, last week.

West Ham United's former stadium Boleyn Ground (they now play at the Olympic Stadium)

His model of Burnley’s Turf Moor even boasts working floodlights

Jules Richards used 160,000 bricks to create stadiums including Old Trafford

A Sheffield Wednesday fan asked Jules to create a model of Hillsborough

Liverpool's Anfield is one of the many models Jules worked on in three years

Jules says he has dismantled many of his models, including Aston Villa's Villa Park

Cardiff-born Jules is a Wales fan but will be watching England’s progress in the World Cup.

He added: “Hopefully they will do well and get as far as they can.

"They’re youngsters on the big stage but they’re good enough to get far.”

The Canaries will love this colourful model of Norwich City's Carrow Road

Jules Richards has also created models of European giants including Barcelona's vast Nou Camp

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6468939/football-fan-lego-stadiums-record/

Last edited:

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Wow - very impressive! I can't believe the time and effort that he had to put into these and the patience! It's amazing what people have come up with using legos and I love seeing them. Thanks BL!