Electric shock: A new study found that EVs were more expensive to fuel than gas-powered cars at the end of 2022

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
Halfbreed makes the most sense but Id rather a diesel halfbreed than gasoline if there were.
halfbreed works well in a car. Lose too much carrying capacity in a work truck. I also doubt that one could legally carry a camper with a halfbreed.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
The same. It has to. A one tonne is a one tonne
Different 1Tons from different years (Ford Dodge GMC) have different weight ratings for Towing capacity.

A 1Ton with single drive wheels will have a lower weight rating than one with dual wheels (though they have the same drive train), & they’re all 1Tons.

I’ve never compared 1Ton full electric or hybrid weight ratings against Diesel, etc… because to the best of my knowledge none of the exist yet.

A pick up with a 4cyl will have a different towing capacity rating than one with a v8 or inline six…& they might all be 1/2Tons.

Reactions: Dixie Cup

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Different 1Tons from different years (Ford Dodge GMC) have different weight ratings for Towing capacity.

A 1Ton with single drive wheels will have a lower weight rating than one with dual wheels (though they have the same drive train), & they’re all 1Tons.

I’ve never compared 1Ton full electric or hybrid weight ratings against Diesel, etc… because to the best of my knowledge none of the exist yet.

A pick up with a 4cyl will have a different towing capacity rating than one with a v8 or inline six…& they might all be 1/2Tons.
There are variables out the yin yang. Rear gears, stick, automatic, dualies, 4x4 etc. Lots of combos.

A Ram 3500 is a Ram 3500 no matter the drive train.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
There are variables out the yin yang. Rear gears, stick, automatic, dualies, 4x4 etc. Lots of combos.

A Ram 3500 is a Ram 3500 no matter the drive train.
Is anyone building an electric (fully) or hybrid 1Ton truck for commercial or private usage? Is this all hypothetical?

I know we couldn’t touch the darn things (at least the fully electric) because of the limited range ourselves.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Is anyone building an electric (fully) or hybrid 1Ton truck for commercial or private usage? Is this all hypothetical?

I know we couldn’t touch the darn things (at least the fully electric) because of the limited range ourselves.
Oh Hell no! Thats what nakes the conversation absurd. Where are our options?