Dump truck collides with smaller vehicle on Gardiner

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Dump truck collides with smaller vehicle on Gardiner
"The dump truck was flagged down by passing motorists," said police

Author of the article:Jenny Yuen
Publishing date:Mar 24, 2021 • 1 day ago • 1 minute read • 11 Comments
The driver of the dump truck was charged with several driving and commercial motor vehicle offences, Toronto Police said, after video surfaced of the truck crashing into the side of a smaller red vehicle Tuesday morning.
The driver of the dump truck was charged with several driving and commercial motor vehicle offences, Toronto Police said, after video surfaced of the truck crashing into the side of a smaller red vehicle Tuesday morning. PHOTO BY TWITTER
Article content
Shocking video has emerged of a dump truck colliding with a small vehicle on the Gardiner Expressway Tuesday morning.

Toronto Police Sgt. Murray Campbell said the incident was reported just before 10 a.m. at the intersection of westbound Lake Shore Ave. and Jarvis St., when the dump truck and what appears to be a red car or SUV crashed at the ramp onto the Gardiner Expressway.

LATEST JAB MALFUNCTION: Canada is screwed with supply due to new twist
Trackerdslogo

“The dump truck continued up the ramp and onto the expressway, pushing the vehicle sideways the entire way,” said Campbell.

“The dump truck was flagged down by passing motorists.”

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

This advertisement has not loaded yet, but your article continues below.
Article content

In the short video clip, posted by @TPSTrafficDC, the truck is seen pushing the vehicle, stuck in a horizontal position within the lane.

Campbell said the driver of the small vehicle was assessed at the scene by paramedics, but not transported to the hospital.

The driver of the dump truck was charged with several driving and commercial motor vehicle offences, he said.

jyuen@postmedia.com
1616715295919.png

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
'GUARDIAN ANGELS': Woman in Mini Cooper recounts truck T-boning on Gardiner
The driver of the dump truck was charged with several driving and commercial motor vehicle offences, Toronto Police said

Author of the article:Jenny Yuen
Publishing date:Mar 25, 2021 • 2 hours ago • 2 minute read • Join the conversation
The driver of the dump truck was charged with several driving and commercial motor vehicle offences, Toronto Police said, after video surfaced of the truck crashing into the side of a smaller red vehicle Tuesday morning.
The driver of the dump truck was charged with several driving and commercial motor vehicle offences, Toronto Police said, after video surfaced of the truck crashing into the side of a smaller red vehicle Tuesday morning. PHOTO BY TWITTER
Article content
Courtenay Erhardt maintains “guardian angels” was looking out for her.

The 26-year-old registered nurse was on her way to help administer COVID-19 vaccines to homeless people on Tuesday just before 10 a.m. She was behind the wheel of her red Mini Cooper named “Ruby” on the Lake Shore Blvd. E. lanes about to merge onto the westbound Gardiner Expressway when she felt a dump truck nudge her from behind.

Jeopardy! fans rip guest host Dr. Oz: 'Does this mean he'll make up the answers?'
Trackerdslogo

The truck continued making contact with her vehicle, eventually turning it over to its side and the driver kept going up the ramp onto the highway.

“At first, I turned to see his engine and I couldn’t believe it,” she said. “As he continued to drive, I got even more stressed and started crying. I honestly just thought I was going to die.”

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
Video of the frightening ordeal was posted onto TikTok and then retweeted by a Toronto Police traffic officer, that showed Erhardt’s car, in a horizontal position, pushed by the massive truck some 500 metres.

A couple, who was travelling behind the truck, was her saving grace, she said.

“They saw all this smoke and was trying to get to the sides to see what was happening and once they saw me and saw what was happening, I made eye contact with then and they were already on the phone with the police and had already called 911,” recalled Erhardt.

“They were able to veer off in front of the truck and put their hazards lights on to stop it. Their tire blew out until afterwards when we were all out.”

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
Erhardt added everything was a blur until the couple came to help her out of the car. She was treated for minor injuries, but says she’s still experiencing headaches, neck pain and dizziness.

MORE ON THIS TOPIC

WATCH: Dump truck collides with smaller vehicle on Gardiner
A GFL garbage truck demolished five cars, a light standard and damaged a home after it swerved up onto lawns and driveways along a stretch of Dixon Rd., near Royal York Rd., around 7 a.m. on Friday, Feb. 5, 2021.
Etobicoke garbage truck crash caught on video

“It was my first accident I’d ever been in (since I got my licence at 16),” she said. “The couple stayed with me until my parents came. I think that’s when it hit me.”

The driver of the dump truck was charged with several driving and commercial motor vehicle offences, police said.

She said the truck driver appeared to not see anyone flag him down. She’s not sure if they were aware their truck was pushing her Mini along.

“I’m happy there is video footage because it’s really hard to describe what happened,” she said. “It definitely brings you back to being in that car and being terrified. My guardian angels were around me, for sure.”

jyuen@postmedia.com
1616717003346.png