Doctor Who

AureaOlivas

Time Out
Feb 15, 2021
I don't see any more hype about Doctor Who in social media like it did during the 10th and 11th.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
John Barrowman kicked off 'Doctor Who' live event after exposing himself
Author of the article:WENN - World Entertainment News Network
Publishing date:May 12, 2021 • 7 hours ago • 1 minute read • Join the conversation
The National Television Awards (NTA's) 2019 held at the O2 - Arrivals Featuring: John Barrowman Where: London, United Kingdom When: 22 Jan 2019.
The National Television Awards (NTA's) 2019 held at the O2 - Arrivals Featuring: John Barrowman Where: London, United Kingdom When: 22 Jan 2019. PHOTO BY LTA /Lia Toby/WENN.com
Article content
Actor John Barrowman has been removed from a pre-recorded piece for a Doctor Who live event after he admitted to exposing himself on the set of the BBC show.

Barrowman’s removal comes after his former co-star, British writer/ director Noel Clarke was filmed making jokes about the star showing people his penis “every five seconds” and “hitting it on everything”.

He explained to The Guardian his ‘high-spirited behaviour’ was “only ever intended in good humour” to entertain colleagues on set and backstage – and not sexual harassment.

However, he was meant to reprise the role of Captain Jack Harkness in a pre-recorded piece for the show Doctor Who: Time Fracture, which is due to go live later this month (May). It has faced repeated delays due to the coronavirus pandemic.

But a statement on its website, reported Radio Times, said: “Immersive Everywhere have taken the decision to remove (John Barrowman’s) pre record from Doctor Who: Time Fracture.

‘We will continue to include content that pays tribute to this brilliant show that is Torchwood so as not to disappoint its fans, and are working on an exciting storyline to be announced soon.’

Barrowman added in his statement: “With the benefit of hindsight, I understand that upset may have been caused by my exuberant behaviour and I have apologized for this previously,” he told The Guardian last week.

“Since my apology in November 2008, my understanding and behaviour have also changed.”

AureaOlivas

Time Out
Feb 15, 2021
haven't watched it yet but many of my friends lived it.I feel like I am missing the f out lol

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Doctor Who? More like Doctor What the F*ck is This Shit? Jodie Whittaker and the shit head writer are a total disgrace to the franchise. I mean I wasn't really a fan of Peter Capaldi's tenure as the Doctor but at least he and the writers actually gave a shit about the character, the material and the canon.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Jodie Whittaker leaving 'Doctor Who' in 2022
Author of the article:WENN - World Entertainment News Network
Publishing date:Jul 29, 2021 • 11 hours ago • 1 minute read • Join the conversation
Jodie Whittaker as The Doctor in Doctor Who.
Jodie Whittaker as The Doctor in Doctor Who. PHOTO BY COLIN HUTTON /BBC
Article content
Jodie Whittaker is bowing out of the lead role in BBC series Doctor Who.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
Whittaker, the first woman to play the iconic Time Lord, will be seen for the last time in 2022, with showrunner Chris Chibnall also exiting the beloved TV series.

Before she leaves, the actress will star in a new six-part series later this year, and three specials next year.

Whittaker paid tribute to Chibnall, the Doctor Who production team and the show’s fans.

“In 2017 I opened my glorious gift box of size 13 shoes,” Whittaker said in a statement obtained by BBC Online. “I could not have guessed the brilliant adventures, worlds and wonders I was to see in them.”

She continued: “My heart is so full of love for this show, for the team who make it, for the fans who watch it and for what it has brought to my life.

“And I cannot thank Chris enough for entrusting me with his incredible stories. We knew that we wanted to ride this wave side by side, and pass on the baton together. So here we are, weeks away from wrapping on the best job I have ever had. I don’t think I’ll ever be able to express what this role has given me. I will carry the Doctor and the lessons I’ve learnt forever.”

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
It has not yet been announced who will take over from Whittaker in the leading role.

Outgoing showrunner Chibnall, cast the actress to replace the last Doctor, Peter Capaldi, in 2017.

He said: “Jodie and I made a ‘three series and out’ pact with each other at the start of this once-in-a-lifetime blast. So now our shift is done, and we’re handing back the Tardis keys.

“Jodie’s magnificent, iconic Doctor has exceeded all our high expectations. She’s been the gold standard leading actor, shouldering the responsibility of being the first female Doctor with style, strength, warmth, generosity and humour.”

Whittaker’s final feature-length special, where the 13th Doctor will regenerate, will be screened in fall 2022.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
“Jodie’s magnificent, iconic Doctor has exceeded all our high expectations. She’s been the gold standard leading actor, shouldering the responsibility of being the first female Doctor with style, strength, warmth, generosity and humour.”

The hell? Is he screwing her or something because as the Doctor, she was a friggin' train wreck. Then again, so is Chibnall and his shitty writing.

Too bad they couldn't have used Alex Kingston to play the role. I was going to say that might have messed up the series' canon but then again, the two wankers above basically shit all over it anyway. Alex would have been a WAY more believable Doctor Who than Jodie, without question. Although with Chibnall writing the scripts, Alex's talent would have been wasted.

I mean who better to write the scripts and play the Doctor than two assholes who only know about the show because it's a pop culture icon but would rather use it to play identity politics. IIRC neither of them ever really even watched the show before shitting all over the franchise.

Thank the gods that shit is done. Hopefully the next writer(s) and actor can revive the series and get it back on track. I mean the show has always been a little bit preachy but not to the point where they were rubbing your face in it and then cramming it down yer food hole til you choked on it.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Nobody watches Doctor Who anymore. Its massively woke and PC storylines probably go some way to explaining that. People want to be entertained on Saturday nights, not preached to. Give it a few more years and we'll have gay Daleks and trans Cybermen. Even the Master, the baddie Timelord, is a woman now.

• Haha
Reactions: DaSleeper

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Two series that I miss from England are "Are you being served" and "Benny Hill'!
Little Britain was great too but I guess two gay guys routinely playing up the gay angle offended too many "woke" half-wits. Kind'a like Kids in the Hall when it went into reruns here a few years back. Apparently some perpetually offended sad sack got offended by Scott Thompson's "Buddy the Barfly" character, ostensibly because the loser wasn't smart enough to know that Thompson is quite openly gay.

So, to sum up this totally fucked up cancel culture world, gay actors having some fun with gay stereotypes is somehow offensive to woketards.

By the way DaS, you can find old Benny Hill episodes on Youtube. ;)

Reactions: DaSleeper

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
'Sex Education' actor Ncuti Gatwa to be new 'Doctor Who'
Author of the article:Reuters
Reuters
Edward Baran
Publishing date:May 08, 2022 • 11 hours ago • 1 minute read • Join the conversation

LONDON — Ncuti Gatwa will be the first Black actor to play the lead role in British sci-fi series “Doctor Who,” taking over from Jodie Whittaker as the 14th incarnation of the Time Lord next year, the BBC said on Sunday.

The 29-year-old Scot, a star of Netflix hit “Sex Education,” posted two hearts plus a blue square, representing the Doctor’s Tardis, a time-traveling police telephone box, on his Instagram account before the news was confirmed by the broadcaster.

Gatwa, who was born in Rwanda, said he had been keeping the news secret since he was cast in February.

“It’s an incredibly iconic role and an incredibly iconic show, and I just hope I do it justice,” he said on the red carpet for the BAFTA TV awards, where he was up for the best male comedy performance for “Sex Education.”

“I’m following in some very, very big footsteps, so I am just hoping that I fill them up.”

The Doctor is able to regenerate, allowing different actors to play the role since the series was first broadcast in 1963.

Gatwa said the show was the “most beautiful form of escapism,” where you could forget about worldly troubles and go into space to battle aliens.

Whittaker, who announced she was leaving the show last year, was the first woman to play the Doctor.

She will appear in a final special episode to mark the BBC’s centenary later this year.

Showrunner Russell T Davies, who is returning to Doctor Who after leaving in 2009, said Gatwa’s talent was “bright and bold and brilliant.”

“I can see him for years exploring the part and taking it somewhere new,” he told Reuters on the red carpet, where he accompanied Gatwa.

“That’s what I felt. I felt it in my heart that we can go anywhere with this.”
1652075340686.png

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
'Sex Education' actor Ncuti Gatwa to be new 'Doctor Who'
Author of the article:Reuters
Reuters
Edward Baran
Publishing date:May 08, 2022 • 11 hours ago • 1 minute read • Join the conversation

LONDON — Ncuti Gatwa will be the first Black actor to play the lead role in British sci-fi series “Doctor Who,” taking over from Jodie Whittaker as the 14th incarnation of the Time Lord next year, the BBC said on Sunday.

The 29-year-old Scot, a star of Netflix hit “Sex Education,” posted two hearts plus a blue square, representing the Doctor’s Tardis, a time-traveling police telephone box, on his Instagram account before the news was confirmed by the broadcaster.

Gatwa, who was born in Rwanda, said he had been keeping the news secret since he was cast in February.

“It’s an incredibly iconic role and an incredibly iconic show, and I just hope I do it justice,” he said on the red carpet for the BAFTA TV awards, where he was up for the best male comedy performance for “Sex Education.”

“I’m following in some very, very big footsteps, so I am just hoping that I fill them up.”

The Doctor is able to regenerate, allowing different actors to play the role since the series was first broadcast in 1963.

Gatwa said the show was the “most beautiful form of escapism,” where you could forget about worldly troubles and go into space to battle aliens.

Whittaker, who announced she was leaving the show last year, was the first woman to play the Doctor.

She will appear in a final special episode to mark the BBC’s centenary later this year.

Showrunner Russell T Davies, who is returning to Doctor Who after leaving in 2009, said Gatwa’s talent was “bright and bold and brilliant.”

“I can see him for years exploring the part and taking it somewhere new,” he told Reuters on the red carpet, where he accompanied Gatwa.

“That’s what I felt. I felt it in my heart that we can go anywhere with this.”
View attachment 13637
all of this because a white cop accidentally fell onto a black man and couldnt get up. :( ;)

AureaOlivas

Time Out
Feb 15, 2021
I think I’ve only watched Dr Who between 9 and halfway through 11 because of my friend. I did enjoy it but I didn’t get invested enough to keep watching on my own.