Do School Boards have nothing better to do?

EmmaDibbs

Electoral Member
Nov 26, 2004
Bournemouth, UK
That's the one...no that sort of thing happens here too...they've got to spend our tax money on something...may aswell be on pointless things rather than books, etc

Wetcoast40

Electoral Member
Feb 21, 2005
Lesser Vancouver
I have become convinced that American society is slowly (?) sinking into paranoia. I suspect it's the logical extension of Political Correctness combined with a fresh dose of Religious Righteousness. It reminds me of the Ayatolah in Iran, after deposing the Shah, trying to drag his country back to the 14th Century. In America's case, it's taking it back to the Pilgrim's era.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Do School Boards have

I'm guessing they don't get to play, "If You Don't Wanna F**k Me Baby (F**k Off)" either. hey, if any of you British types run across an Electric Chairs cd, let me know. I'm tired of having to dig the turntable out from under all those knick-knacks every time I get sentimental.

How long have people been banning Louis Louis anyway? I'm forty and I don't recall a time when somebody with a drawl wasn't sure it would corrupt us all.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

Sorry...old inside joke. "I don't care if they ban Louis Louis, but if they don't ban Blair Blair from singing it, there might be a murder."

My singing is legendary. It isn't good though.

If you think that doesn't make sense, I can also make people laugh by saying "Mr. Brian's pants."

Wetcoast40

Electoral Member
Feb 21, 2005
Lesser Vancouver
Re: RE: Do School Boards have

How long have people been banning Louis Louis anyway? I'm forty and I don't recall a time when somebody with a drawl wasn't sure it would corrupt us all.

Rev, I call recall a time when Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis, Little Richard and Alan Freed were banned from radio because 'they' could prove that Rock and Roll corrupted the "youth of today". Well, here I am all these years later, corrupted. I guess I could use a dose of that "old time religion" after all.
Coaster

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

Keep in mind that Scopes lost the Monkey Trial, No 1.

Science will die in Kansas and Ohio this year. So what? The US hasn't had real science since JFK took that magic bullet. They faked it until Droolin' Ronnie came to power, but rational America died when Jackie dived out onto the trunk of a Ford to scoop up her husband's brains.

The important thing is that we ignore them up here in Canada. I don't care how many times Stockwell and Stevie watch the Flintstones together, science is way more important than some superstitious death cult.

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
I dont really care if they have to acknowledge the "controversy" over Evolution; it's a fact with the Fundies and their beliefs. Might as well get kids aware that such folks exist, as soon as possible.

As long as they dont dismiss Evolution.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

Their goal is to dismiss evolution though, Ten Packs. their narrow-minded churches weren't good enough for spreading that load of crap, they want into the public schools. They are getting there too.

We need to whip these bastards back so they never get beyond their tiny religious enclaves in our country. They can have their religion...the second it even claims to effect science they should be staked out, covered in Jello, and left for the ducks.

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC

Reverend Blair said:
they should be staked out, covered in Jello, and left for the ducks.

Now I gotta admit, THAT'S an image I dont recall ever going through my mind before.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ps - these are really cruddy emoticons, can "whoever" get some better ones?

badboy

Nominee Member
Apr 13, 2005

Reverend Blair said:
Their goal is to dismiss evolution though, Ten Packs. their narrow-minded churches weren't good enough for spreading that load of crap, they want into the public schools. They are getting there too.

We need to whip these bastards back so they never get beyond their tiny religious enclaves in our country. They can have their religion...the second it even claims to effect science they should be staked out, covered in Jello, and left for the ducks.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

This is what you get when you read a dickwad like Noam Chomsky.

Put his books down (as well as the bong) and step back into reality.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

The hockey fans here should hope to god the US doesn't figure out Gary Glitter's past. They'd take away the theme