Dinning Alone

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
I had oatmeal for breakfast with cranraisons , brown sugar, and margerine. I made a Pantinini for lunch and as soon as I get off the phone with D then im making cubed steak for dinner. LOL we've been at it 3 hours LOL

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
I just finished making some very easy sweets.

Basically you take a can of condensed, sweetened milk and pour it into a pan, turn the heat up to medium/high and stir it until your arms falls off. eventually it'll thicken and brown a little. Remember at this stage it's at very high temperature and can burn you BADLY cos it sticks too. Also it'll get a lot thicker when it cools so unless you're trying to make a glass shard, take it off the heat while it's still quite soft but one lump. cut it into strips with a buttered knife and when it's cool enough to handle, tear off lumps and make them into balls. Let them cool and give them to your friends before u die of sugar rush.

You can also make a toffee sauce by boiling the UNOPENED cans. I am not joking. You take a can, DONT open it, cover it with plenty of water and boil for 1 to 3 hours depending how thick and toffee-ey you want it. two important points: 1) dont open the cans till they're completely cool unless you want hot toffee sauce in your face 2) DONT let the water boil dry or the cans WILL explode. My wife found this one out the hard way. fortunately she wasnt in the room at the time.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
I made chickenfried steak and broccolli steamed in apple juice (not really apple juice its sugar free apple drink) I didnt get a thing done tonight but Im so glad D and I caught up. I miss her. Her hubby is in the AF and they just moved a few months back. He lost his Dad a few weeks ago. Ive got a candle going for them. If you think of it whisper a prayer their way.

RomSpaceKnight

Council Member
Oct 30, 2006
London, Ont. Canada
Inever steam or even cook in straight water any more. I use wine or stock. I use the instant stock powders not real boiled down stock. I'm going to leave room in my freezer for a bag of shrimp and lobster sheels so I can make a fish stock. You can buy beef, chicken and veggie stock but not fish. Must not store well.

RomSpaceKnight

Council Member
Oct 30, 2006
London, Ont. Canada
I buy magnums of the cheapest wine I can find. red and white. Makes for great sauces brown and white sauces. Using whitewine in a skillet to cook shrimp, scallops and prawns in is yummy and with the juices makes an ok light sauce.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
Guys Im sposed to be loosing weight! LOL mmmmmmmmm I love maple syrup! Is it as good in Canada as it is in Vermont?

this post wins the prize for silly question of the year. Canada is so famous for maple that there's a maple LEAF on its flag. Ask most people about vermont maple syrup and they'd say "huh?"
:lol:

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
Guess I didnt miss you. Im going to finish making supper, I had a salad earlier and just plain steamed shrimp for dinner, nothing fancy.

Been a strange day, Sometimes I hate being an empath......somebodies very angry today, I think I'll call Sis.