Dell SmartStep 250N

tko11

Apr 7, 2008
over heating

i am having the same problem and I have followed the advice here and separated the processor from the heat unit however now that i am trying to restart the power goes on the comp wont boot up can anyone help me?:angryfire:

tko11

Apr 7, 2008
Thank you everyone
I took out the heatsink and warmed it up with a heat gun and did not need to use razor blade to separate cpu and heatsink.I sanded heat sink to smooth surface and then I bought thermal paste to apply on cpu before putting back together. When I reassembled and then restarted and the cputhe fandid not even come on (I thought I had forgotten to connect it) the cpu is now running at 28 celcius and the fan rarely even comes on
What a difference! I was going to throw this unit out as I have already purchased another laptop HP this but now I guess I have two
Thanks again to all who helped with info

tko11

Apr 7, 2008
smartstep 200n overheating

Thank you everyone
I took out the heatsink and warmed it up with a heat gun and did not need to use razor blade to separate cpu and heatsink.I sanded heat sink to smooth surface and then I bought thermal paste to apply on cpu before putting back together. When I reassembled and then restarted and the cputhe fandid not even come on (I thought I had forgotten to connect it) the cpu is now running at 28 celcius and the fan rarely even comes on
What a difference! I was going to throw this unit out as I have already purchased another laptop HP this but now I guess I have two
Thanks again to all who helped with info