Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Re: RE: Decision 2004

TenPenny said:
Your thread title would suggest that somehow the American voters get to make a decision.

Aren't you starting off with a false premise?

You bring a good point. Although the thread is supposed to be humour, there really isn't a real choice. You have two evils. It's just deciding which one is the worse of the two. Bush is just that in my opinion.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.

TenPenny said:
Your thread title would suggest that somehow the American voters get to make a decision.

Aren't you starting off with a false premise?

:cool: Well, I suspect Kerry is trying to survive in a sea of conservative hysteria. When he is elected president, I think he will be a good man to have in office. He won't just be 'the lesser of two evils'.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
My point could be taken two ways. First, the way Andem took it: there isn't any real choice between them. The other way to interpret my comment is what happened in 2000; do you think that the way the people vote will actually have any bearing on the outcome, or will it be "rigged"??

I deliberately made it an ambiguous comment, to see which way people took it.....

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.

TenPenny said:
My point could be taken two ways. First, the way Andem took it: there isn't any real choice between them. The other way to interpret my comment is what happened in 2000; do you think that the way the people vote will actually have any bearing on the outcome, or will it be "rigged"??

I deliberately made it an ambiguous comment, to see which way people took it.....

Yes, both ways were obvious, but I chose to respond to Andem's point. As for the other way of looking at it, that is my biggest concern: I honestly can't imagine the Bush gang giving up the helm, regardless of what they have to do to hang on.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.

bevvyd said:
Only 1 more week before all this c-rap is all over.

:cool: The one upside of Bush getting in: we'll still have something to talk about, and for four more years. Normally a lame duck president can and will do good things in his final term, but why do I think that will not be the case with Bush if he wins?

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.

Rick van Opbergen said:
wait a minute ... you are hiding something here ... I was right about the darkroom, wasn't I Haggis? :mrgreen:

The most astounding things can happen in a darkroom, no doubt about it. Then again, closets are dark and might well be mistaken for darkrooms. This begs the question, can astounding things also happen in closets? or only in darkrooms? how about in closets that are being passed off as darkrooms?

Rick van Opbergen

House Member
Sep 16, 2004
The Netherlands
www.google.com
hmmm that are some good questions ... can a closet in nowadays society still pass off as a closet, and not be associated with a darkroom? for me it's a fact astouding things can happen in closets; *mumbles* poor little Victorius ... anyway, as I said, these are some good questions Haggis.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.

Rick van Opbergen said:
hmmm that are some good questions ... can a closet in nowadays society still pass off as a closet, and not be associated with darkrooms? for me it's a fact astouding things can happen in closets; *mumbles* poor little Victorius ... anyway, as I said, these are some good questions Haggis.

... and we haven't even touched on the question of walk-in closets with organizers....