Curiousity. Who here is bilingual?

JDream

Council Member
Apr 10, 2004
Nijmegen, The Netherlands
www.cu2.nl
Lisa said:
Hey,

I am a Dutch student of English, but that does not say that i am billingual. Billingual means that you are equally well in both languages. This however is very difficult as you always choose one language over another. I am dutch and have always been. I am a student of English and therefore speak English very well. My parents live in Germany and i therefore also speak German on a regular basis. Besides my boyfriend has lived in brussels where we spoke French.

Hi Lisa! :) A Dutch Student eh? :D Cool, So we can talk? :D Ahahaha

Vincent_2002

Electoral Member
Mar 27, 2002
Montréal, Quebec
She is from the same place as you JDream.

Lisa said:
Hello,

I am a Dutch student of English in Nijmegen, the Netherlands. I am doing a piece of research about the foreign policies of Canada and the US. For a survey I need some Canadians/ Americans. I have searched for them at my university but i can't find any!

Anonymous

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
Depends on what you call small...
but to honest yes i think it is, about 60.000 inhabitants? just awhild guess, one third of that is probably student.

But why do you ask?
JDream, as i am new i don't know what they are saying about you, does it mean that you are dutch, o no i see it at your location NIJMEGEN.

Kewl. Are you a student as well? And what do you study?

de groeten Lisa

Anonymous

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
i am now rereading my post, and i just must apologise it looks rather silly and yes i am blonde!

JDream

Council Member
Apr 10, 2004
www.cu2.nl
Ahaha, Well i'm not really a student eh.. =\ I'm still at high school, @ the St Jorisschool, Prins hendrikstraat ofzo.. I'm just there cause my parents forced me to go there :p lol
But i'm planning to study ICT later

i am now rereading my post, and i just must apologise it looks rather silly and yes i am blonde!

lol. Blonde hair and blue eyes? :p (Hahahahaha)

-> Btw i don't think Nijmegen is so small.. And its the oldest city of the Netherlands.. So its kinda famous! ;)

- Hmm i thought Nijmegen had above 200000 ppl.. Cause there are 1/2 million living in Amsterdam and Rotterdam (60000 maar? Kan toch niet?)

Cya!
JDream :wink:

Lisa

Electoral Member
May 22, 2004
My bad! On www.nijmegen.nl it says
--> Nijmeegse bevolking in 2003 weer 1000 mensen gegroeid
Op 1 januari 2004 woonden er 157.473 mensen in Nijmegen.

But you have probably lived longer in Nijmegen than me, because i only live in Nijmegen for 1,5 year now.

Lisa

Ginger_Ale

Electoral Member
May 23, 2004
Boston
Ooh, I don't speak that many languages. I can count to ten in Spanish, French, and Chinese...oh, yeah, and English. ;)

I'm learning Spanish in school, so I know some of that, not too much, but enough for basic stuff.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
Ok JDream. I will teach you all you want about the Arabic Language. This way you can read the news from a different source than CNN and FOX.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Hi Jenna... Why not create a thread telling us a bit about yourself. Or register so you can save your nickname from being taken :)

Welcome to Canadian Content!