Creativity

triedit

inimitable
In what ways are you creative? All of us have some creativity...it's pretty much a necessary part of life.

I am a writer. I also do meditation and lucid dreaming, which allows for lots of creativity. My mom paints. My middle daughter experiments with tea (she works for Starbucks and is working toward being a tea master)

Back in the time I was a welfare mom, creativity meant juggling the bills.

How are you creative?

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Bookkeeping - accounting.

Play bass and guitar, minor in mandolin and squeak some fiddle.

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
I used to think I had almost no creativity, but I've since realized that there are all kinds of ways to express that side of myself. Cooking is one way - I get pretty creative in the kitchen... sometimes it even tastes good. :lol:

Kreskin - creative bookkeeping? Is that ... allowed? :cool:

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Creative bookkeeping is a fine art.

Zan, you should share one of your recipes with us.

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
Creative bookkeeping is a fine art.

Zan, you should share one of your recipes with us.

lol - well that's the problem with creative cooking - I never write anything down, I just rummage around in the cupboards and throw odd combinations together - never measuring anything. Sometimes it's fantastic, and I can't remember what the heck I did afterwards, other times my experiments send everyone running for the nearest MacDonald's. :lol:

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Creative is not really a word I would use to describe myself although I am sure it is there somewhere and is likely used daily.

I think of creativity as being "directed" strangely enough. Directed in the sense of purposely losing our daily boundaries that we usually impose on ourselves to maintain order.

I don't seem to have much of a need to get creative. Or perhaps I just have a separate labelling system. A creative one. :D

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I love to cook but my creativity is oil painting, creating new garden concepts.
Man, do I need a creative gardener. I have a thing going on in my backyard that has serious potential, if only I good envision what to do.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Creative is not really a word I would use to describe myself although I am sure it is there somewhere and is likely used daily.

I think of creativity as being "directed" strangely enough. Directed in the sense of purposely losing our daily boundaries that we usually impose on ourselves to maintain order.

I don't seem to have much of a need to get creative. Or perhaps I just have a separate labelling system. A creative one. :D
You described your creativity creatively.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
lol - well that's the problem with creative cooking - I never write anything down, I just rummage around in the cupboards and throw odd combinations together - never measuring anything. Sometimes it's fantastic, and I can't remember what the heck I did afterwards, other times my experiments send everyone running for the nearest MacDonald's. :lol:
LOL. Stay away from grilled mayonaisse and peanut butter sandwichs.

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
ok. I'll take your word on the mayo and peanut butter sammies, but here's a variation of the old peanut butter and 'something odd' sandwich that is to die for. No joke. I swear this is amazing, if not creative. Peanut butter on toast, topped with a couple strips of crispy fried bacon. Don't knock it till ya try it... and before ya jump to one of the obvious conclusions, I was neither preggers nor high when I stumbled upon this gastronomical marvel... just a starving student.:cool:

Sal - there's no way someone who writes as eloquently and entertainingly as you do can fairly call themselves uncreative.

Sparrow- would you like to exercise your creativity in my backyard? I can pay you in peanut butter sandwiches.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
It probably is good Zan. That is creative. My father being a frenchman from Sudbury introduced me to toast with peanut butter dipped in maple syrop. It's good for an extreme insulin jolt every now and then.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
I am most creative when it comes to making seemingly "crash proof" applications crash. My routine is to hammer what the functional spec states then to apply my own tests, which usually bring defects to the surface. You would be amazed how msany different ways you can mess up a Satellite receiver with a remote.

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
It probably is good Zan. That is creative. My father being a frenchman from Sudbury introduced me to toast with peanut butter dipped in maple syrop. It's good for an extreme insulin jolt every now and then.

Thing 2 (the girl child) eats maple syrup on her eggs and sausages. I do not discourage this behaviour, as I didn't want to stifle her creativity.

Besides, it doesn't taste half bad! (Unless it's eggs benedict. Maple syrup + hollandaise sauce = bad... very very bad)

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Thing 2 (the girl child) eats maple syrup on her eggs and sausages. I do not discourage this behaviour, as I didn't want to stifle her creativity.

I commend you for not stifiling your daughters taste, Zan. In fact, it sounds like she has good taste.

MMM, maple syrup. :cool: