Crash

Diamond Sun

Council Member
Jun 11, 2004
Within arms reach of the new baby..
Anyone else out there seen "Crash"?

I thought it was absolutely an amazing piece of cinema. A bit contrived because all the stories come together at the end (magnolia'ish I've read it described as), but I thought overall it was fantastic.

It also, in my case, really made me think about my actual views on racism. At the beginning of the movie, I was horrified by some of the racial slurs and racial stereotypes the characters were saying and believing, but if I'm honest with myself, mid way through the movie I actually found myself starting to think like them. It was an intensely profound feeling to come face to face with some deep seeded racial thoughts of my own. Wow was all I could say at the end of this movie.

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
Going to watch it tonight or tomorrow. Looking forward to it. I saw an interview with the cast and it was very disturbing, even for the actors. Should be interesting.

jjw1965

Electoral Member
Jul 8, 2005
I haven't seen it yet, everyone I've talked to said it was great, I'm going to try to watch it soon,

Hey Cosmo, Love your avatar! Elvira rules!

connie

Oct 21, 2005
I saw the movie too and I think it is a good view of racism because most of the time movies always focus on racism towards a unique group (black, asian...). It was a good surprise.

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
I didn't like it because I thought it was so unrealistic, but since discussing it with friends and coworkers I have found out how sheltered I am!