Command of NATO Forces in Afghanistan....

EastSideScotian

Stuck in Ontario...bah
Jun 9, 2006
Petawawa Ontario
Terrorism refers to a strategy of using violence, social threats, or coordinated attacks, in order to generate fear, cause disruption, and ultimately, bring about compliance with specified political, religious, or ideological demands.

We are fighting the people responsiable for useing this Strategy....Called terrorists...

Hence the War on terror.

I still dont see why you guys have to be over critical of the phrase, because in general it amkes complete sense.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
If you let your guard down so does "whiter than white". The main problem I have with the phrase is it affords complete accomodation of the underlying assumption that the only place you'll find a solution is at the end of a gun.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Agreed. Terrorism has been going on for centuries. Even with this war on terrorism you might weaken it and clap yourself on the back but at some point in time terrorism will occur. It's part of human and the evention of explosions and weapons and such.

dekhqonbacha

Electoral Member
Apr 30, 2006
CsL, Mtl, Qc, Ca, NA, Er, SS,MW, Un
EastSideScotian said:
Terrorism refers to a strategy of using violence, social threats, or coordinated attacks, in order to generate fear, cause disruption, and ultimately, bring about compliance with specified political, religious, or ideological demands.

We are fighting the people responsiable for useing this Strategy....Called terrorists...

Hence the War on terror.

I still dont see why you guys have to be over critical of the phrase, because in general it amkes complete sense.

No, we are not fighting terrorism. We are fighting Afghans.

EastSideScotian

Stuck in Ontario...bah
Jun 9, 2006
Petawawa Ontario
dekhqonbacha said:
EastSideScotian said:

Hence the War on terror.

Fighting Afgan terrorist, and extreamist who support the use of terrorism to attack the west. Remember the Afgans also have an army fighting the Taliban/terrorist/extreamists.

Mogz

Council Member
Jan 26, 2006
Edmonton

That statement really bugs me. We're not fighting Afghans, we're fighting islamic militants. There IS a difference. In Iraq, around 80% of isurgence aren't Iraqi. In Afghanistan the same rule applies; the vast majority of those we're fighting are of Syrian and/or Saudi Arabian decent.