Cheapest way of Travelling country-wide

Vincent_2002

Electoral Member
Mar 27, 2002
Montréal, Quebec
Question: What is the all around most value method for travelling across Canada? I have some free time this summer and I might want to check out the Western provinces!
I have looked and found bus to be cheapest but also most unconfortable. Aerocraft security fees are just killers too!

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Bus is definately the cheapest way of travelling IE to BC or Alberta. You can also check out Jetsgo or Westjet, I know Jetsgo is pretty good.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
I used to hitch hike a lot when I first moved to Winnipeg. It was the cheapest and easiest way to get back to Regina to see my friends. I also got to meet some interesting people.

I'm not that's safe anymore...it wasn't particularly safe 20 years ago. You might want to look into it though.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
I have to disagree with Rev. Blair here. Hitch hiking is not at all a safe way of travelling. Don't do it! Bad things can happen.

Numure

Council Member
Apr 30, 2004
Montréal, Québec
Vincent_2002 said:
Question: What is the all around most value method for travelling across Canada? I have some free time this summer and I might want to check out the Western provinces!
I have looked and found bus to be cheapest but also most unconfortable. Aerocraft security fees are just killers too!

Via Rail ;) Or Jet's go. Both have very low prices.

snooker

Electoral Member
May 16, 2004
canada big apple
Hi ... I have done it with the bus once from toronto to alberta ... all i can say i wouldn't do it again on a bus ... First thing after awhile its uncomfortable as hell , secondly dude i was on a bus for 3 days i stunk pretty bad , you can't take a shower no where , also the places they stop to rest and eat wasn't good at all ... If you really want to have a good time try the train from what i heard its the best way to go ....