Cellucci: Terrorism coming to Canada?

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
vista said:
U.S. Ambassador Cellucci: They could be next on the list for terror attacks

When it comes to terrorism, ordinary Canadians are not as concerned as they should be, he said. The RCMP, CSIS and the military "get it" about terrorism, but the Canadian public has been less concerned, Mr. Cellucci said.

Are we next in line?

http://www.newsgateway.ca/Madrid_terrorist_attacks.htm

It would be naive to believe that Canada was not at all prone to terrorism. But I honestly believe Canada faces much less of a risk to the United States - including now when the so-called 'security measures' in the states resembles stalinism. Ironic, almost 15 years after the cold war!

No, but seriously.. Canada is a much more democratic country in practice than our neighbours to the south. I'm staying on topic here, so bare with me...

IMHO, common arab terrorism as we know it, is in no way against American "freedom". I see it as fighting against American imperialism and zionism. After all, the largest lobbiest group in the United States is Zionist AND grasps very much power. Oh, did I mention large money-grabbing corporations?

Anonymous

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
Sir,

I believe Canada is as much a target for terrorism as our friends to our south. God bless Canada and God bless America.

Thank-you.

vista

Electoral Member
Mar 28, 2004
www.newsgateway.ca
Is not the 'War on Terror' just the 21st century version of the cold war?

The Soviet Union has been replaced by 'public enemy #1 - al-Qaeda.

The cry of al-Qaeda gives governments carte-blanche for their agenda and the public and mainstream media eat it all up.

The article clearly indicates terrorism is a friend of and supported by governments - basic political military strategy.

In the pursuit of oil in Africa...

Africa's Maghreb and Sahel regions recently exploded into world view with allegations that the Madrid bombers were tied to those areas' "al Qaeda" groups. And while United States concerns about terrorism in the region have been increasingly voiced, critics of the administration of President George W Bush say that the ongoing US pursuit of energy resources lies behind them. As early as the fall of 2002, Britain's Economist magazine charged that oil "is the only American interest in Africa".

Whereas in 2002 the continent offered apparently stable oil field conditions, that assessment was changed almost simultaneously with the level of domestic US pressures to acquire African oil; a substantive al-Qaeda threat materializing proportionate to the need for oil.

As a US Defense Department document this winter by Dr Jeffrey Record said: "The contemporary language on terrorism has become, as Conor Gearty puts it, 'the rhetorical servant of the established order'." It emphasized that almost nothing matters "a jot against the contemporary power of the terrorist label". ...

Exactly and very well said.

So putting this together, in the end will intelligence agencies 'orchestrate', 'aid and abet' a 'terror' attack on Canadian soil to get the public 'on-side' on the 'war on terror'? 

In the dark world of intelligence and false flagging...

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
vista said:

The cry of al-Qaeda gives governments carte-blanche for their agenda and the public and mainstream media eat it all up.

The article clearly indicates terrorism is a friend of and supported by governments - basic political military strategy.

In the pursuit of oil in Africa...

Africa's Maghreb and Sahel regions recently exploded into world view with allegations that the Madrid bombers were tied to those areas' "al Qaeda" groups. And while United States concerns about terrorism in the region have been increasingly voiced, critics of the administration of President George W Bush say that the ongoing US pursuit of energy resources lies behind them. As early as the fall of 2002, Britain's Economist magazine charged that oil "is the only American interest in Africa".

Whereas in 2002 the continent offered apparently stable oil field conditions, that assessment was changed almost simultaneously with the level of domestic US pressures to acquire African oil; a substantive al-Qaeda threat materializing proportionate to the need for oil.

As a US Defense Department document this winter by Dr Jeffrey Record said: "The contemporary language on terrorism has become, as Conor Gearty puts it, 'the rhetorical servant of the established order'." It emphasized that almost nothing matters "a jot against the contemporary power of the terrorist label". ...

Exactly and very well said.

So putting this together, in the end will intelligence agencies 'orchestrate', 'aid and abet' a 'terror' attack on Canadian soil to get the public 'on-side' on the 'war on terror'? 

In the dark world of intelligence and false flagging...

Well that's quite true; the American government has been given special powers in 'fighting terrorism'. The Bush regime has effectively overthrown many aspects of American democracy. And world order. War mongers, they are.

Terrorism has given the US Government the ability to attack other nations, the ability to keep its people in the dark. Lies, lies, lies... and more lies!

Edit: Sorry.. going off on the American government, I tend to do that every now and then.

I don't really think our government has implemented the type of changes the Americans have. Further, I don't believe Canada agrees with most of the Americans` recent actions in foreign and domestic policies.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Just keep in mind that every time Paul Cellucci stands up in public and makes a statement, he's telling us what to do. He's not asking for our opinion or looking for advice, he's telling us to do as he says or there will be "repercussions." Cellucci is an idiot and we should send him home, naked and scared.

Cyberm4n

Electoral Member
Jun 6, 2002
Toronto
vista said:

The Soviet Union had to be replaced by something. Something to stand up against this evergrowing powerhouse! It seems terrorism was the only viable option for many.

[quote="Reverend Blair']he's telling us to do as he says or there will be "repercussions."[/quote]

The Americans are always threatening us w/ repercussions :( So much for being "best friends".

By the way, welcome Reverend Blair and Vista to discussion!