Castle Available

vista

Electoral Member
Mar 28, 2004
www.newsgateway.ca
A quick look and that looks like the 'house/castle' in the north of Ajax. North of Taunton, south of #7 and north of Deer Creek golf.

Yet where it is built like a castle, it would be much smaller.

Interesting.

Lisa

Electoral Member
May 22, 2004
Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Hum, ok so I live in Europe and am therefore not that impressed! As you have seen even my village has a castle.

But hey, are there a lot of castles in Canada? Or America? What is their histories, they were probably buil by rich folks who enjoy the European castles?

You know what the best castle is? Neuschwanstein, it belonged to a family memmber of Sisi and was the model for the castle of Disney world:

http://ariya.pandu.org/gallery/neuschwanstein.jpg

http://www.bauernhofurlaub-ostallgaeu.de/images/neuschwanstein.jpg

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
No sleep for the wicked! Maybe this hot milk and post will do it! Lisa you only come out at night, you should come out and play more with us.
I cannot think of any castles in british columbia but I am sure there must be a few. I myself would really like to pay a visit to Doune castle in Scotland. I hear there are ghosts there that say things like "bring out your dead" Most of the knights there eat spam. And ghostly voices say things like "your mother is a hamster, and your father smells of elderberries" Apparently you can even rent a couple of coconuts and do a clop clop around the castle. I would like to see the bunny serial killer of legend there. Ah maybe someday I will make it to doune castle in scotland. Sleepy now..going going gone.........

EternalSunshine

Electoral Member
Jun 3, 2004
Montreal
Lisa said:
You know what the best castle is? Neuschwanstein, it belonged to a family memmber of Sisi and was the model for the castle of Disney world:
Thanks for the pictures, Lisa. I have been to Neueschwanstein when I was very little, but I still remember it well. They had a guided tour inside the castle, and weird thing, what impressed me most was the kitchen, it was huge (and I was little :D).

I think it belonged to Ludwig II. Not sure though. It really is good to see it again.

Lisa

Electoral Member
May 22, 2004
Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Yes and I think he was a nephew of Queen Sisi. I had this with my history lessons. He practically ate himself to death so I am not surprised about the kitchen!

And another castle I really was impressed with was Edinburgh Castle. The most haunted castle of the world! It has a rich history, very interesting!

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Neuschwanstein is an amazing place. The logo castle used in Disney films is, I believe, patterned after Neuschwanstein. I remember how very cold it was in that castle!

American Voice

Council Member
Jun 4, 2004
When I was a student, a friend of mine was from Orlando, in Florida. He gave me the inside scoop on Disneyworld. Buried in hardened underground siloes adjacent to the park is an entire wing of Minuteman intercontinental ballistic missiles. There's a whole string of such installations all up the East coast, actually. And the tower on top of Cinderella's castle is filled with sophisticated command, communications, control, and intelligence gear: C³I, as they say in the trade. Rather shatters the illusion. As I remember, the park was very clean, almost sterile. Hey, I got matching genuine Mickey Mouse tee-shirts for me and my girl back home! If you're ever there, go to Winter Park, it has some great clubs.

American Voice

Council Member
Jun 4, 2004
Curmudgeon that you are. I grew up with Disney on television, Sunday night, the Wonderful World of Disney, then the Wonderful World of Color, hosted by Disney himself.

I'll bet you didn't like Captain Kangaroo, either, huh?

crash

Nominee Member
Jul 27, 2004
Nova Scotia
Disney world is awesome, I have been there twice and I am taking my girlfriend next year.

Lots of fun for all ages, and the big kids in us :)

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
American Voice said:
Curmudgeon that you are. I grew up with Disney on television, Sunday night, the Wonderful World of Disney, then the Wonderful World of Color, hosted by Disney himself.

I'll bet you didn't like Captain Kangaroo, either, huh?

Nope. Didn't like Cap'n Kangaroo, either, although I have saved my most active dislike for all things Disney.

I liked Popeye, though. He was my hero. :cool: I even liked spinach because of Popeye.

Different things unleash the kid in all of us. Disney might do it for some, but I think I'll stick to riding my bike through puddles in the rain.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
crash said:
*shrugs*

I know one thing, its awesome fun.

*shrugs back* and thinks, 'whatever'

I know the same thing, it's awesome fun ('it' being the bone of contention, I suppose) (to each their own poison, though, as I said before).

*one final shrug* while thinking 'what the hell am I shrugging for?'

crash

Nominee Member
Jul 27, 2004
Nova Scotia
Yeah, an entire place geared to provide fun for every age group. How awful...

*takes a little poison*
*likes it a LOT*
*drinks way more*

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
crash said:
Yeah, an entire place geared to provide fun for every age group. How awful...

*takes a little poison*
*likes it a LOT*
*drinks way more*

Yup, an entire place geared to appeal to a certain type of person, the Disney-type of person. Not awful at all, not in my books, for as I said (and seemingly must say repeatedly for it to sink in), different strokes for different folks.

It really seems to piss you off that I don't like Disney. Why? I can appreciate that others find, for some ungodly reason, something to like, and at the same time I can think that Disney is the stupidest crap to come down the pike. Doesn't mean I don't want you take that poison. Drink it up! Suck down that saccahrine-sweet mainstream sappy American pap. Oops, but if you're diabetic, be careful, just driving by is probably enough to put a person in diabetic shock.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
crash said:
It doesn't piss me off, I couldn't care less actually....

Well that is a relief, Crash. Now, if they ever bulid a Stephen Harper shooting gallery at Disney, I might reconsider going there. Why, I might be first in line! :cool: