Canada the xGoodx Hypocrite. Part 1

grunt

Oct 1, 2011
Canada the Good, used to be common slogan years ago. I do not think it applies anymore (not sure it ever did) because of the following reasons.
It seems that all sectors under the F. Federal Government jurisdiction are crooks, why? Is it “do as we say not as we do’? Relationships based on profits grow. I have the misfortune of dealing with 2 of these sectors. I have written about Banks, the other one is Communications (phone companies), they are worse than banks. You want proof? Here is my personal experience. I was a customer of Fido Communications some years ago. Because of my age and health I go to stay with family members in the US for the winter. My phone is basically for emergency. Charges for calls on my phone in the US were $3.50/minute roaming and long-distance, I think, $0.36/minute. Calls' durations were rounded UP to whole minutes, so I used landline when in the US. In Canada I did not use it that much. I was paying monthly charges for nothing, but that was not enough they wanted blood. One month in the US my phone invoice was over $350. I was surprised but had no reason to suspect anything. I started restricting my calls even more; even with these measures the next phone bill was over $270. My thought was I might have been charged for calls I did not make. I compared the invoice against my phone records. There were no extra calls, however I noticed a big difference in calls durations. For example a 49 or 51 second call on my phone is charged as 2-minute call!!! Proportionately there was more extra time for longer calls; I took photo of the records on my phone. I called my cell from the landline and timed the call for 49 seconds. It was 2 minutes in the bill? I wrote to Fido about my discovery so they offered to refund the extra charges on last month. That was BS and I refused and asked Fido to prove to me when they started to do that scam and then refund ALL the extra money since, they cut off all communications. I wrote to CRTC that denied responsibility for dealing with these matters and passed the puck to 2 other organizations and gave me their names, one of them was Industry Canada. Same thing happened with everybody I contacted and the puck was passed every time. Because I told all those I contacted that I had evidence thinking that would make them take the complaint seriously, it did the opposite. Passing the puck continued until I reached an organization established by phone companies. See part 2.