Canada Ranked As One Of The Top Countries For Racial Discrimination In Hiring

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Well look at the bureaucracy in Ottawant , non Québécois need not apply .

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Private industry has always been a haven for racists.
While Canada is one of the most multicultural countries around the world, a new study shows that Canada isn't as accepting as we often appear to be. In fact, Canada has just ranked as one of the most racial discriminating countries around the globe when it comes to the hiring process. So, when applying for a job, it appears that a lot more factors occur than just your qualifications.
Apparently it's not multicultural then is it?

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Private industry has always been a haven for racists.
??? Really? I don't remember as a young man filling out job applications in the private industry sector asking me if I was Native or Metis (or perceived myself as such) or handicapped or female or what have you.....but the gov't ones sure did as far as hiring preferences went. This is 35yrs ago and maybe things have changed since then but I'd gotten employment in the private sector & never looked back. I just wasn't handicapped female native enough at that age for employment at Sask-power or Sask-tel or Sask-energy, etc...

Reactions: petros

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Surprisingly, Canada was ranked as more discriminatory than the United States when it comes to the hiring process. In fact, the United States was ranked as one of the best countries when it came to being non-discriminatory in the workplace.
But but but...

Reactions: Twin_Moose