canada ice hockey men

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
2 consecutive games in which Canada had problems against france. they are lucky to have won. they need to stay out of the penalty box.

france 3 Canada 4 :) :cool:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
A bit concerned here....or maybe just interested. Canada managed to squeak by France 4 - 3. and will have to be super sharp to get past Russia, Finland, etc, who they will have to play at some point. Switzerland might even be a problem....we'll see. I don't consider Canada a shoo--in for a medal in these championships I'm betting on Russia though I want Canada to win. I don't think the round robin games mean very much. Good Luck Canada!

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
the u.s. lost to belarus, guess these top teams do have let downs throughout the tournament, its a
good lesson to stay focused, not easy for all of these young players, but the game against france
has reminded them.

its not easy to look like top dog all the time, this is a long tournament, these are young guys, they
will have a bit of a duldrum along the way, hopefully tod mclellan knows how to re energize them and
help them stay fresh mentally.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Austria 1 Canada 10 :) :cool:

Canada put on an absolute clinic. They seemed to score at will. Their next opponent will be Belarus. I would
say they should be able to beat Belarus again.....the Canadian team seems to get better every game.

Three goals in 21 seconds....

Last edited:

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
canada is having a very good tournament, a little gliche, then back to focus, belArus next, they just

have to play their system and bE diciplined and play their team game, cause they will meet better

opponants soon, they'll have to be ready, but, what the hey, they know that long before i would ever

have to remind them.

a fun team to watch, nice to see the high quality in these very young canadian players, and nice to see

hamhuis wear the C while crosby took a game off.

saw a little bit of russia/finland, and also saw the worst call i've seen in a long time, officiAls didn't

really see the collision, they had a huddle, gave the fins a 5 min major And a game misconduct, replay

showed clearly that he had done 'NOTHING', the russian player stuck out his hand, and seemed to bend

his wrist or something, and fell to the ice like he was dead, -- they got sucked in big time.

GO CANADA GO

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Every single Czech fan sitting in the stands or watching from elsewhere today will remember the goal that tied the team with the Fins at 2 - 2 in the 2nd period and those in attendance gave the goal scorer a sustained and heartfelt standing ovation. I could not help but join in the cheering as I watched the old retired guy even the score. Jaromir still has lots left to show these youngsters he's playing with today and that tip-in was pure Jagr. Kudos to the 'old guy'.

Good thing I got to cheer for him today as there is every chance our guys could be facing them in the semi. When I left to to go work, the score was Canada 5 - Belarus zip. I see they managed a couple more whilst I was busy and Tyler got a hat-trick!

GO, CANADA, GO! :canada:

Last edited:

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Watched the hilites. The NHL Allstar game was more intense than that game.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Nice match-ups for the semi-finals should make for some great hockey. US vs Russia..........and Ovi joined the party and will play. Canada vs Czech.............our guys will have their hands full with the home team........the place will be rocking. It was wonderful watching all those Czech fans - on and off the ice - sing their national anthem after their team took them to the semi-finals.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Every single Czech fan sitting in the stands or watching from elsewhere today will remember the goal that tied the team with the Fins at 2 - 2 in the 2nd period and those in attendance gave the goal scorer a sustained and heartfelt standing ovation. I could not help but join in the cheering as I watched the old retired guy even the score. Jaromir still has lots left to show these youngsters he's playing with today and that tip-in was pure Jagr. Kudos to the 'old guy'.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i didn't watch the game today, not sure who you are talking about, 'the old retired guy', maybe a finnish
player, but yagr isn't retired, he plays for florida panthers.

Watched the hilites. The NHL Allstar game was more intense than that game.

what a 'wet blanket' you are, jeesh, lol lol

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
not a fan of jagr. I vaguely remember when he was in Toronto a Toronto reporter asked him if he would be interested in playing for the Toronto maple leafs. he laughed and didn't answer the question. I understood why he laughed. no need to be a jerk about it. he could have handled the question more diplomatically. :(

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
i didn't watch the game today, not sure who you are talking about, 'the old retired guy', maybe a finnish
player, but yagr isn't retired, he plays for florida panthers.

Well that's strange as all during the tournie when Jaromir played, the announcers kept going on and on about how he came out of retirement to play for the Czechs. 8O

Canada 2 - Czech's 0

YEAH CANADA............off to the Gold Medal game tomorrow. The US plays Russia to see which of them will advance.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Canada dodged a bullet with the Czechs goal that was called back. :shock:
Czechs 0 Canada 2 :) :cool:

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Nothing wrong with that call. You can't stand in the opposing crease and wait for the puck.
actually what I meant was if the goal had not been taken back it could have lit a fire under czechs asses and changed the outcome of the game. :shock: