Can one be for more open borders and for more racial freedom?

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
I might hold an odd combination of beliefs. On the one hand, I'm for much more open borders than even the NDP has ever proposed. I also tend to oppose unfair privileges conferred on specific ethnic groups through excessive official bilingualism or the separate school system among other examples.

Yet, I still believe that if blacks can organize to create their own black student unions, then whites should be allowed to do the same. If some Whites wanted to organize to pool their financial resources together to create their own private White gated communities, by all means go right ahead and do that. I'd have no interest in participating in it myself, but as long as we have more open borders and that the government is not encouraging White privilege, then sure, I'd defend the right of Whites to self-segregate themselves if that's what they want to do.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Of course.

You are xenophilic.

So what do you think of people organizing protests against White student unions for example? To my mind, there is no contradiction between favouring open borders and allowing those Whites who wish to do so to organize. Though I'd have no interest in participating in such an organization or club myself, I would still defend the right of Whites to organize to the same degree as I would blacks or any other group to organize. Ironically, I'm probably more pro-open-borders than many of those who protest White student unions are. I sometimes wonder if it has to do with a certain degree of guilt. In other words, being so much in favour of open borders, I recognize that some Whites might fear that and so need to organize so as to create the necessary emotional support network to adapt to it. On the other hand, those who favour more closed borders, official bilingualism, the separate school system, etc. might feel that since aspects of mostly White cultures are imposed on society through the institutions of the government as it is, there is therefore no need for White organization in such a context.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
If you're talking about social justice, it's different than xenophilia.

Ultimately, most people are egalitarian - they want to embrace all culture but not to the extent that one compromises another. That's why blacks get a break when they do something wrong but we're harder on whites. Once the balance of power becomes more nuanced you will see the standard upheld equally. But for the time being, it's still in white favour, which is why we appropriately scoff at whites when they suggest 'all lives matter', for example.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
If you're talking about social justice, it's different than xenophilia.

Ultimately, most people are egalitarian - they want to embrace all culture but not to the extent that one compromises another. That's why blacks get a break when they do something wrong but we're harder on whites. Once the balance of power becomes more nuanced you will see the standard upheld equally. But for the time being, it's still in white favour, which is why we appropriately scoff at whites when they suggest 'all lives matter', for example.

Yet isn't one reason whites dominate is due to discriminatory immigration policies? fore example, language requirements for English and French naturally benefit immigrants from the UK, France, and other English and French speaking countries which tend to be White for the most part. In that sense, could we not say that in some respects, support for policies that systemically tend to favour Whites must go hand in hand with opposition to the freedom of Whites to organize? Inversely, opposition to such policies and favouring more open borders and taking away constitutional and other policies that systemically favour Whites eliminates the need to oppose whites organizing?