CA Soldier killed -Afganistan :-(

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
I've posted the same, that Osama was a related ally (not as close as most analyze when they go into it further) in our war of proxy against the Soviets.

In addition, Rumsfeld shook hands with Saddam in his 8 year war with Iran.

We've discussed the shifting nature of alliances throughout the span of history.

And our forefathers did warn us of "entangling alliances" and we did much harm to the American ideal as we fought the Cold War, but we did gain the hearts of the old who lived under Russian dominance, not the hearts of the young who were born after Solidarity in Poland and the Berlin Wall fell.

And even now the old wonder as well as they deal with new problems in this new world.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Re: RE: CA Soldier killed -Afganistan :-(

Blackleaf said:
One Canadian soldier dies, and it gets reported on a discussion forum.

British soldiers die nearly every week in Iraq.

well.........if this were a British forum.......it might be different. But It happens to be CANADIAN... :canada:

and as some have pointed out.......we are not used to this kind of aggressive bloodshed and killing..........and HOPE WE NEVER BECOME THAT WAY......

the other factor is........that A Canadian died in another nation's war..

now if ya wanna set up a thread for British Troops and the British perspective.......that would be awesome. (International politics would be the place to do it.)

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
Pte. Braun Scott Woodfield memorial will be on live on Newsword at 11 Atlantic, 10 est, 9 cst,8 mst and 7 pst today.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
Three more injured today.

Bomb ripped apart vehicle carrying Canadian soldiers in Afghanista

A teaser:

Three Canadian soldiers were injured when a bomb detonated under their vehicle in southern Afghanistan, in what a journalist who was riding with them described as a "complete disaster scene." [/end of teaser]

Since we are not just their for rebuilding and we are activly searching for "terrorists" I say get them the hell out and let America do their own dirty work.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
RE: CA Soldier killed -Af

Some good news, they are "home" in Edmonton.

Homecoming for 2 Canadian soldiers injured in Afghanistan

A teaser:

Two Canadian soldiers arrived back home overnight for medical treatment in Edmonton after being injured in a bomb blast in Afghanistan this week.

"Their condition is stable. They are in good spirits," Cpt. Mark Peebles, a Canadian Forces spokesman, told CBC News in Edmonton late Monday.

"They've had a chance to talk to their families and are already cracking jokes."

Both soldiers were carried off a military plane on stretchers and taken away by ambulance.

"One has a broken leg, the other one has a broken heel and a broken ankle," Peebles told CBC. [/end teaser]

At least they will recover. Thankfully nobody was killed.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
I am apart of the Canadian military and I think the US war on terror is BS. However, I do not think we should pull our forces out of Afghanistan because the majority supports the US-occupation.

In Iraq, however, even if they are not fighting, most Iraqi's don't support the so-called saviors of Iraq.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca

Canadian soldiers hurt in Afghanistan say they'd go back

A teaser:

Two Canadian soldiers wounded in a blast that shattered their vehicle in Afghanistan are willing to return to the country.

Pte. Ryan Crawford and Capt. Manuel Panchana-Moya appeared before reporters in wheelchairs and hospital garb in Edmonton on Tuesday.

They both suffered broken bones when a bomb exploded under their light military vehicle, a Mercedes-Benz Gelaendewagen (known as a G Wagon) on Dec. 12 near Kandahar.

Both men were in good spirits and said "I'd go back" when asked if they would serve in Afghanistan again. [/teaser]

At least they are trying to stay positive.