Britain bans TikTok from government mobile phones

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Collage_Maker-13-Mar-2023-03-33-PM-6528.jpeg

The use of Chinese-owned social media app TikTok on phones and other devices issued to UK government ministers and civil servants has been banned.

Cabinet Office Minister Oliver Dowden told MPs the app would be banned on security grounds with immediate effect.

TikTok has strongly denied allegations that it hands users' data to the Chinese government.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Good start. Now ban all the other social media apps.

Good point. Nowadays watching the Parliament Channel and I see the Commons or the Lords all I see is MPs or Lords and Baronesses sat there looking at their phones, and I just think they're just busy posting crap on Facebook or Twitter rather than running the country. The Prime Minister and the Leader of The Opposition may be having an argument over something important and there's the MP for Blackpool watching people doing silly dances on TikTok.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Good point. Nowadays watching the Parliament Channel and I see the Commons or the Lords all I see is MPs or Lords and Baronesses sat there looking at their phones, and I just think they're just busy posting crap on Facebook or Twitter rather than running the country. The Prime Minister and the Leader of The Opposition may be having an argument over something important and there's the MP for Blackpool watching people doing silly dances on TikTok.
Meh. Like they paid attention and gave a shit before social media came along.