Breaking a Habit

temperance

Electoral Member
Sep 27, 2006
It doesn't help that we've been repeatedly told quitting is really hard ,you need this product or to pay this person ,

just like telling people Methadone is for Heroin addicts --it created a stigma

When in fact methadone was created as a synthesis pain reliever for Nazi soldiers --Just plain stupidity

For years people suffered and wouldn't use methadone as a pain reliever --one of the best ,people are finding out --its naturally time released and is cheap ---naturally meaning it gets metabolized in the body much slow ere than other pain relievers

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
It's funny that the government never regulated whats put in cigarettes.
Basically its a drug used in short and frequent intervals.
Drug users have longer intervals between hits.

ottawabill

Electoral Member
May 27, 2005
Eastern Ontario
I smoked for 30 odd years....as stated above it was getting the better of me, until that time I liked it..actually I loved it, I can't say after more then 2 years not smoking that i don't like the drug..But I can say I didn't like the vehicle to get the drug (tobbacco)

I had tried to stop a nimber of times, usually because of the cost, It never worked..Why, because of association. Smoking so long developed an association with most of my daily activities and smoking. eating drinking, driving to work, a way to step outside during work etc etc etc. I was fianlly able to quit 2 ways...

Being sure detremed and ready to quit, and changing everything about my activities for the first 2 weeks of quiting,,,,as in I quit a wek before going on holidays.. My focus was on my vacation comming not on how crappy I was feeling and as I got past that last week of work the next week wasn't so bad, since most of the smoking associations where not there...the toughest point was coming back in 2 weeks to all those associations..at that point will power was strough enough..it takes weeks years..and maybe forever to be over smoking...I for one am glad I did stop, but can honestly say I do miss the feeling!!

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
for one am glad I did stop, but can honestly say I do miss the feeling!!
-------------------------------------Ottawabill------------------------------------------------

That says it.

There's a little part of the brain's memory that is dedicated to never forget
the immediate pleasure of that little bang nicotene gives you.

Also what is important in quitting is changing your old bad habits to new good habits in which
you look forward to new good things. What fails is saying no to yourself and trying
to succeed day after day denying yourself old pleasures.

Replace with new pleasures that are good for you.

Easier said then done. You do have to take the first step. Then it works.