Bin Laden is located, says 9/11 panelist

vista

Electoral Member
Mar 28, 2004
www.newsgateway.ca
I thought we had a thread on this already but I couldn't find it.

Note that the capture of Saddam was a staged event -- a PSYOPS operation -- and before Saddam was 'captured' and trotted out for public fodder, officials were bragging that the arrest was about to take place. Congressman Ray LaHood told his local newspaper, the Pantagraph, "We're this close" to catching Saddam Hussein and that 'he knew something they didn't' about the imminent capture of Saddam. 

It was later revealed in international press stories that the Kurds had already captured Saddam.

Bin Laden is located, says 9/11 panelist

The Pentagon knows exactly where Osama bin Laden is hiding in Pakistan, it just can't get to him, John Lehman, a member of the 9/11 Commission, said Thursday.

Lehman's remarks echoed those made Tuesday by Secretary of State Colin Powell, who said the al-Qaida leader was alive and operating in the western part of Pakistan.

Bin Laden is living in South Waziristan in the Baluchistan Mountains of the Baluchistan region, Lehman told the San Bernardino Sun after delivering a keynote speech on terrorism at Pitzer College in Claremont.

In the interview, Lehman noted, "There is an American presence in the area, but we can't just send in troops. If we did, we could have another Vietnam, and the United States cannot afford that right now."

When pressed on why the United States couldn't send troops into the region to capture the world's No. 1 terrorist, Lehman said the Baluchistan region of the country is filled with militant fundamentalists who do not recognize the legitimacy of Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf, a close ally of the United States.

"That is a region filled with Taliban and al-Qaida members," he said, acknowledging that Pakistan's security services also are filled with many who agree with bin Laden's beliefs and would aid him if U.S. Special Forces entered the region.

"Look," he said, "Musharraf already has had three assassination attempts on his life. He is trying to comply, but he is surrounded by people who do not agree with him. This is not like Afghanistan, where there was no compliance, and we had to go in.

"We'll get (bin Laden) eventually, just not now."

Asked how bin Laden was surviving, Lehman said he was getting money from outside countries, such as the United Arab Emirates, and high-ranking ministers inside Saudi Arabia.

"He is not a wealthy man," Lehman said. "We ran that information into the ground, and discovered he only receives about $1 million a year from his family's fortune. The rest of what he gets comes from radical sympathizers."

Department of Defense spokeswoman Capt. Ronnie Merritt confirmed the U.S. military believes bin Laden is in Pakistan. However, she would not comment on Lehman's remarks, except to say that he normally didn't speak about these issues, and she was surprised he had.

Lehman, secretary of the Navy under President Ronald Reagan, was one of the 10 members of the bipartisan commission that examined the terrorists attacks on the United States.

He also is the author of three books about military tactics.

http://www.dailystar.com/dailystar/dailystar/44654.php

vista

Electoral Member
Mar 28, 2004
www.newsgateway.ca
Does anybody care?

Dubya:

September 13, 2001 -- The most important thing for us is to find OBL. It's our number one priority, and we will not rest until we find him.

March 13, 2003 -- I don't know were he is. I have no idea, and I really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority.

ps. I have much fascinating stuff to pass on but unfortunately I am down to my left hand and one finger for now... for three weeks... arghhh...