Bill Clinton,Joe Bidin,John Kerry

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
More great speeches from the democratic convention tonight. It wasn't a good
night, again, to be a republican.

John Kerry gave a great speech, one I think he has saved over the last four years, and
one I think he should have given during his campaign, as the dems were too passive
in that election, so he 'vented' real good tonight.

Bill Clintin is probably one of the best speech makers of our time, so he gave a speech
that a good president would give, full of truths and knowledge, and very impressive.

Joe Biden, gave a very emotional speech, really told everyone about his family and how
human he is, and then he ripped into McCain very nicely, and all of them stood solidly
behind Barack Obama, and now he doesn't have to do it alone, he has these sarrogates
to lean on a little, and they will campaign with him and for him.

Obama will give his speech tomorrow, they are moving ouside to milehigh stadium, so that
anyone and everyone who wants to come in, will be able to.

I won't listen or watch any of the republican replies, or I won't watch any of their
campain speeches or their convention. It doesn't matter what the dems say or do,
the republicans will vocally trash it all, so why listen, it's just irritating,
and I'm not interested in anything they have planned, as the last 8 years have 'ruined' their country, so
in my opinion they are history, or should be, no guarantee,
they could think up anything,
and I mean 'anything' to get Obama out of there.

Last edited:

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I see what the Dem strategy will be - the Future vs Past theme. Reliant upon symbolism and old fashioned politics. They'll keep saying McCain is from the past and the country needs the future, hoping that when they see them side by side the age difference could work in Obamas favor.

I don't know if alternative energy can be adequately developed under the present politic dynamics, but I do think the vision the dems have is the right one. They need to start what should've started years ago..a cohesive plan to get the US off of oil. Offshore drilling is a bandaid. There needs to be an energy revolution. The dems may be just bluster with what they actually do about it but it has to happen and should be happening.

I've seen Bill Clinton make much better speeches but even when he ok it's usually at a very high level. The speech he made at Kerry's convention was incredible but wasn't enough.

Not sure if going to the football stadium for tomorrow is a good thing, but only time will tell.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I see what the Dem strategy will be - the Future vs Past theme. Reliant upon symbolism and old fashioned politics. They'll keep saying McCain is from the past and the country needs the future, hoping that when they see them side by side the age difference could work in Obamas favor.

I don't know if alternative energy can be adequately developed under the present politic dynamics, but I do think the vision the dems have is the right one. They need to start what should've started years ago..a cohesive plan to get the US off of oil. Offshore drilling is a bandaid. There needs to be an energy revolution. The dems may be just bluster with what they actually do about it but it has to happen and should be happening.

I've seen Bill Clinton make much better speeches but even when he ok it's usually at a very high level. The speech he made at Kerry's convention was incredible but wasn't enough.
No, but if Kerry had of given a speech as tough as he did tonight, last time, and other
times, it probably would have been enough, they only needed to win Ohio, and the whitehouse would have been theirs, but there was also accusations of ballet tampering
in Ohio, so, I guess no one will ever know exactly what happened, we can only assume.

Not sure if going to the football stadium for tomorrow is a good thing, but only time will tell.
If you mean 'security wise', I was thinking that too, but, you know, no one knows better,
what the risk is, than Obama, and his group, so, hopefully, he'll be OK.
That is another part of obama's character I look up to, and that is, 'He is willing to give his life for the presidency', and I think that quality can be put right up there with McCains
war story any day.
We all have a little knot in our stomachs each time obama comes out to face the
crowds, and we will have, for the duration.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
He speaks well in front of a large group but sometimes a large place can feel very distant. I'd rather see a band at a nightclub than a stadium because it's easier to see and connect with the band. Politics is about connecting. With all those Hillary supporters who he's still trying to connect with, the stadium might not help. But maybe he comes across like Pope. There are more things that can go wrong unexpectedly in a larger venue. Security is one as well.

Last edited:

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
He speaks well in front of a large group but sometimes a large place can feel very distant. I'd rather see a band at a nightclub than a stadium because it's easier to see and connect with the band. Politics is about connecting. With all those Hillary supporters who he's still trying to connect with, the stadium might not help. But maybe he comes across like Pope. There are more things that can go wrong unexpectly in a larger venue. Security is one as well.

Oh, I see, yeah, that's quite true, but he seems to want to make sure no one is unable
to get in to see the convention.
The bigger the crowd, the more successful his campaign is, I guess, cause everyone all over the country will see how many people are there, and be 'impressed', it will get votes.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Oh, I see, yeah, that's quite true, but he seems to want to make sure no one is unable
to get in to see the convention.
The bigger the crowd, the more successful his campaign is, I guess, cause everyone all over the country will see how many people are there, and be 'impressed', it will get votes.
I suppose you're right. It is a convention so it is a love fest. I don't know if you saw earlier this week but the governor of pennsylvania said he had to get closer to the people and away from the large rallies because large rallies are about preaching to the converted. But in this case that's what it is no matter what, I guess.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I suppose you're right. It is a convention so it is a love fest. I don't know if you saw earlier this week but the governor of pennsylvania said he had to get closer to the people and away from the large rallies because large rallies are about preaching to the converted. But in this case that's what it is no matter what, I guess.

Yeah, isn't he the one who said he went with obama to a picnic type atmosphere, and Obama was asking where the potatoe salad and chicken was.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
You know why I think the Clintons are now really on the Obama train? I'll bet there is a side agreement whereby if Obama is elected that Hillary becomes Secretary of State.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I will take my prediction one step farther. If Obama is behind in the polls in the important electoral swing states with 1-2 weeks left he will tell everyone what her position will be.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
You know why I think the Clintons are now really on the Obama train? I'll bet there is a side agreement whereby if Obama is elected that Hillary becomes Secretary of State.

Well, firstly they have to be aboard, or the dems might not win, cause the republicans
will convince everyone that the party is so split, and full of bickering, so, they have
to make that story go away, for the sake of the party.
And, yes it is very likely that she will get a cabinet position, as she did get 18 million votes, so I imagine there has to be something there for her.
I'm not sure about Sec. of State, can't picture her doing that really well. I sure wish
Colin Powell would join them, there was rumour of that, but nothing came of it. He
is the real secretary of state, but maybe never again, he was so humiliated by that speech he gave at the u.n. which turned out to be a lie. wmds

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
It's too bad that Powell had to tow that line because it pretty much screwed up his political career.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
It's too bad that Powell had to tow that line because it pretty much screwed up his political career.

Yeah, such a proud republican, and a long military career, but what now. I wonder if
he is having a battle with himself, whether he should join obama or not, he was the
one person in that bush cabinet who had real class, maybe Condi, but she's in too deep now, and I'm sure she can't wait to get out, and go back to private career, her deepest
wish has always been to be the 'commissioner of the NFL', apparantly she is a football
genious, among other things, ballet dancer, concert pianist, university professor.