Best Wishes

Aizlynne

Apr 14, 2005
Calgary, AB
I wanted to take a minute to thank you for allowing me the opportunity to share my thoughts with you I will not however be opining at your forum site anymore.

The site name is actually misleading. It says Canadian content but almost all conversations here turn to religion or homosexuality. While I don't mind discussing such issues, it seems to be the mantra throughout the majority of forums.

While some folks have been very nice, others have been rude, demeaning and condensending - even when you wish to debate sensibly. Varied opinions do not seem to be tolerated by some and they just seem to be looking for a fight. This isn't what I thought this forum experience would be.

So while I am fairly confident that this post will spew forth more detestation, I wish all of you a very long and TOLERANT life - no matter what your gender, sexuality, political leaning or where you live in Canada.

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net
Aizlynne said:
I wish all of you a very long and TOLERANT life - no matter what your gender, sexuality, political leaning or where you live in Canada.

While I'm sorry to see that you didn't get on well here Aizlynne, I will say that if you had practiced the precepts of what I've quoted above, then things might have been more pleasant for you...

But I think that the fact that we don't tolerate intolerance should not be held as a mark against us... :wink:

Anyway...happy trails... 8)

dukee

Nominee Member
Nov 25, 2004
Saskatoon, SK
Aizlynne said:
I wanted to take a minute to thank you for allowing me the opportunity to share my thoughts with you I will not however be opining at your forum site anymore.

The site name is actually misleading. It says Canadian content but almost all conversations here turn to religion or homosexuality. While I don't mind discussing such issues, it seems to be the mantra throughout the majority of forums.

While some folks have been very nice, others have been rude, demeaning and condensending - even when you wish to debate sensibly. Varied opinions do not seem to be tolerated by some and they just seem to be looking for a fight. This isn't what I thought this forum experience would be.

So while I am fairly confident that this post will spew forth more detestation, I wish all of you a very long and TOLERANT life - no matter what your gender, sexuality, political leaning or where you live in Canada.

Don't give up the cause, friend. The internet would be a better place if there were more people willing to engage in discussions of differences of opinion without degenerating others with insults and derision.