Back to Winnipeg

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Kweebeck is the only logical choice. Like Winnipeg last year, they are the only city that has an ownership group in place and ready to accept a new team. They will be called the Nordiques and they will be my second favorite team.

And, a bit further down the road, perhaps 'Seattle' will be in the NHL, as they are gathering and meeting,
and there is money and the desire to return basketball to the city, and an NHL team as well.
They are now planning the new building, and I believe the nhl has been giving opinions concerning location
as well as other necessary information.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Quebec City to break ground on NHL-style arena in September

Given the deafening silence regarding the Yotes situation and the fact you can't pry the words "National Hockey League" out of anybody even remotely connected with this arena deal, I think the move from Phoenix to Kweebeck is all but done. Just Like True North last year (and unlike Jim Balsillie) Quebecor has shown it knows how to play the game.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
It was a fantastic first season back for the jets, I loved it, good team and a good crowd with a great atmosphere, can't wait till next season. They have one of the best goalies in the league.