B.C. prefers Martin over Harper for PM

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Liberal Paul Martin enjoys a narrow five-point lead over Conservative Stephen Harper as the party leader British Columbians think would be the best prime minister.

A federal election poll conducted by Ipsos Reid for CanWest News and Global News, released Thursday, shows that among decided voters, Martin is backed by 36 per cent with Harper at 31 per cent and NDP leader Jack Layton far back at 21 per cent.

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/story.html?id=a6fe230f-dd3c-48e4-9076-b5acae298d1f&k=87853

shaboom! 8)

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca
Tis is good news. Perhaps voters will drive the cons back to only holding seats in where they began (i.e. the albertan redneck reform party).

Timetrvlr

Electoral Member
Dec 15, 2005
BC interior
I'd like to know what the voters in the interior riding of Prince George-Cariboo are thinking. Our MP in this riding is Dick Harris-CPC. He is currently running for his fifth term. In my opinion, this guy is a lazy political hack that is doing a very poor job of representing his constituancy. I can't find anyone, even conservatives, that like or respect him and he has done almost nothing for the riding. Just has a good job that he wants to keep.

I think he is very vulnerable in this election but neither the federal Librals or NDP seem willing to spend any money to win this riding. Last election, the left-of-centre vote was pretty well split between NDP and Liberal party while Harris had all the vote on the right. This time, both partries have fielded new candidates, Alfred Trudeau, a Quesnel mill worker and union activist for the NDP, and Simon Yu, a structural engineer/businessman/ college instructor from Prince George for the Liberals.

I'm stuck, I don't know which to vote for. I'd like to replace Dick Harris with someone that will represent our riding in Ottawa but I have no idea which candidate stands the best chance of winning here. Either would be much preferable to the one we have now.