Ayn Rand - Right Wing Hypocrite

Johnny Utah

Council Member
Mar 11, 2006
I could post multiple threads on Left Wing Hypocrites but that would eat up Canadian Content's bandwidth limit then Shaw or Telus would over charge, the bastards..

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
Everyone goes through an Ayn Rand phase. It's part of growing up. It happens about age 18 when people plough through the turgid, stultifyingly boring epistles of The Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged, and decide there is a conspiracy in every community aimed at despoiling the purity of the unencumbered individual.

By the time they turn 21 most people have realized this is nonsense, a recipe for social chaos. However, some idiots, like Ronald Reagan, and, Allan Greenspan, never achieve that level of enlightenment (along with some closer to home), and that's left us with the mess the world economy has become, run by hypocritical oligarchs, who prey on superficial concepts of 'free' markets, to loot and impoverish the world.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Everyone goes through an Ayn Rand phase. It's part of growing up. It happens about age 18 when people plough through the turgid, stultifyingly boring epistles of The Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged, and decide there is a conspiracy in every community aimed at despoiling the purity of the unencumbered individual.

By the time they turn 21 most people have realized this is nonsense, a recipe for social chaos. However, some idiots, like Ronald Reagan, and, Allan Greenspan, never achieve that level of enlightenment (along with some closer to home), and that's left us with the mess the world economy has become, run by hypocritical oligarchs, who prey on superficial concepts of 'free' markets, to loot and impoverish the world.

Yeah, although I'd change those ages to 16 and 18, but other than that, you're prettyc much spot on.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
'' If we want to denigrate a$$holes there's lots of bonafide ones dead and living like Charles Manson or Gary Gilmour.''

You keep missing the fact that this hypocrite is the inspiration and goddess of the Tea Bagger movement which is reportedly the cause of the Republican victory last November. Dunno why I keep repeating it but will do so again if you wish.

------------------------------------------------------

''most people have realized this is nonsense, a recipe for social chaos''

When the Tea Baggers who love Rand so much cause another Great Recession or Depression will wake up them, I'm sure. But then, maybe not.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
The problem with most Tea Bagger types is that most of them would not be able to understand a single one of Rand's books. Not that the muddled philosophy in them makes a hell of a lot of sense anyway.