Artistic Expression/The Written Word/Speak Your Mind

Mahan

Electoral Member
Feb 27, 2015
Islamic Republic of Iran
you know Sometimes I lyrics but , not english poem . those are persian , I tranclate one of them to English :

Stone
if you plant a seed in stone
if you rain on it like cloud
if you invite sun to rise up
maybe you see Germination at sleep ( you never see it )
and Now , you don't have sun and cloud
and you don't have any seed
so
how do youwant to seed Love in the Heartless ?
please say that to Mahan
He may be wiser
( and maybe he don't try more to make Heartless people Kindlier )​

...​

poem is Rhythmic in persian but when you translate it that will be Inharmonious​

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
The Heartless are Dead.

Long Live The Heart!
(Viva La Heart!)
----------------------------

بی عاطفه مرده اند.

زنده باد قلب
(Viva La Heart!)
----------------------

;):)

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
Death is just 1 day. Fear not 1 day. Live not for 1 day ... Live for Life!

Last edited:

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
Apples N' Burnt Oranges.
( Better Luck Next Time.)

A Quirky Short Story.

I went for a walk to the store. Bought a 5$ Scratch ticket; feelin' lucky!
On my way home thought I'd go into the Thift Store. See if I couldn't buy some affordable art, with the 5$ I had left.
I entered the store and no sooner started looking when I saw it. A beautiful work of Art! An abstract painting...
Various geometric shapes colored and shaded in warm yellows to golds. Apple reds blending to browns, into Burnt Oranges...
That was it! The painting I was looking for!

Damn! 10$. All I had left was 5$

Oh well...unfortunate; I'd have to come back later.
Hopefully it'll still be there.

On my way out of the store Another Beauty caught my eye. A beautiful Lady, Auburn Hair, Warm Smile ... Gold-Brown-Yellow Patterned Sundress. Reminded me of... the Painting! It was Uncanny... Strangely Bizarre to say the least.
Hm? A sign? Nah!
I wonder?

I had to try. I had to know... As Idiotic as it seemed. As awkward as I felt. I went up to the lovely lady.
"Hello," I began (seemed like the best way to start ;)), no turning back now.
"I came here to buy some art and found a beautiful piece over there. " I pointed to the painting, " Unfortunately I only have 5$ and it costs 10$."
She looked at me oddly (not that odd to me, cuz it's a look I know all too well; believe it or not :)). Undoubtedly because of the way I addressed her, probably expecting me to ask her for money. So I quickly continued, laughing uncomfortably as my self confidence drained and embarrassment from the reality set in.
" Um, amazingly enough though, another beauty caught my eye... I know it might sound strange to say...but, you remind me of that painting..., the colors... um...well; Your Beautiful Too! Anyway, I have to ask. Would you like to go for a coffee with me?"

There, I said it. Now all I had to do was wait for the response. Worst case scenario? She'd say no; right?

She looked me over... She was thinking. She smiled...
Maybe...?

"You'd have better luck buying that painting," she laughed, " but nice try. Never heard that one before!"
"Oh...; sorry. I know how ridiculous it must sound. Even more so now that I said it out loud. I normally wouldn't have done this, but I had to ask. It was worth a shot anyway."
"It was sweet... I guess. Besides I'm married....but thank-you...?"

After another awkward pause, and 1 last exchange of tight, strained smiles, we parted ways.
I left the store doubly disappointed. And walked home, feeling like an ***!

Oh...almost forgot, I also lost on my Scratch ticket!
3x unlucky.

Moral of the story?

Don't Gamble?
Some things are better left in their beauty?
Gotta take a chance; but don't press your luck?
If at first you don't succeed. Try, try again?

Oh, I know ... Better Luck Next Time! :)

(Not The Actual Painting. Closest I Could Find. lol. - Haven't Went Back...Yet.)

Last edited:

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
Tomato Fruit Flies - Damn Smart *** Flies!

Don't mind them Apple Fruit Flies...Or even them Crazy Banana Fruit Flies. But there's somethin' just not quite right bout them damn, Tomato Fruit Flies!

Smart *** Flies!

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
Wow! 30,000 hits! Whoda thunk it!? :)

Here's to Artistic Expression...To The Written Word, and to the Freedom to Speak your Mind!

Thank Y'all!

;)

Last edited: