Aquarium trying to save sea lion shot twice in face

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I am sure the shooter was trying to kill . How do you track a marine mammals spur ?

Reactions: petros

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
If I have a problem with rats, I'm either going to trap and relocate them or KILL them, not maim them. There's a difference between being protective and being cruel.
Relocate rats? Removing them from friends and family is cruel. What if they end up in a Liberal riding? They could be elected to Parliament and that is cruel to humans.

• Haha
Reactions: Jinentonix

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
I am sure the shooter was trying to kill . How do you track a marine mammals spur ?
First off, you don't shoot unless YOU know you can make a clean kill. Secondly, it's probably better to use something with more stopping power than buck or bird shot. Shoot a seal ONCE in the face with a .303 and it's pretty much dead. Hell even a .270 would do the job.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
First off, you don't shoot unless YOU know you can make a clean kill. Secondly, it's probably better to use something with more stopping power than buck or bird shot. Shoot a seal ONCE in the face with a .303 and it's pretty much dead. Hell even a .270 would do the job.
Whatever , you use what you have , pest control . Just calling what I see , wrong or right , morals or not money talks .

Reactions: petros