Anyone looking for a roomie?

molly

Jul 15, 2005
Hello everyone,

I'm in need of a roommate for October 1st. I am currently looking for a place is south west Winnipeg (Corydon area). If you're interested drop me a line.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Anyone looking for a

You have to advertise it better, Molly.

"Looking for a roommate in Corydon area of Winnipeg. Close to bus route. Short trip downtown. Parking available. Near Winnipeg's major entertainment areas. Come to Corydon where the sidewalk cafes are within walking distance and life is vibrant."

See? Doesn't that sound better?

molly

Jul 15, 2005
Thanks Reverend Blair. That actually sounds way much better than my post.

molly

NickFun

Electoral Member

Are you sure her place is that nice? Maybe it should read: "Looking for a roommate in Corydon area of Winnipeg. 3 miles from nearest bus route. A good sixteen mile hike to downtown. No parking available. Near Winnipeg's major adult entertainment areas. Come to Corydon where the sidewalk cafes are within a days walking distance and life is, shall we say, chaotic?"

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

I'm sure the Corydon area has good bus service and plenty of places to drink beer. The apartments out there all have parking in back. It's a nice area of town.

manda

Council Member
Jul 3, 2005
swirling in the abyss of nowhere la
Are you sure that this is the best place to search for a roomie? some of these characters...I don't know about them... :wink: seriously though, some forums can contain some scary people that mak themselves well, every one I've encountered here have been great, but just be careful

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

Ask Zen about the roomies he got out of the paper here.

There's a paper here???????

How come I'm always the last to know!

zenfisher

House Member
Sep 12, 2004
Seattle
Make sure you ask for references Molly...Also don't take anyone in who won't put their name on the lease and the bills. When I was there Corydon was a good place to live. Easy access to both universities the downtown, a nice central location to everything. Definately some good restaurants close at hand.

GreenGreta

Electoral Member
Jun 5, 2005
Lala Land
If it's a school town there should be no shortage of nice fun roomates to live with. They will keep you up all night with their loud parties. Maybe step on a sharp needle on the way to the bathroom.

Maybe you can keep them up with YOUR parties.
I hate roomates, they don't work for me.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Well, Mollie, I'll be flying over Winnipeg on 2 August, heading back to China. I'll keep an eye out for your hose, and when I get back to China I can let the forumites know what it looks like.

I'll probably say something like:

"It looks like a speck of light among many other specks, in a cluster on a spot of earth, with a curved silhouette of the horizen, with a dim glow above it."

Hope that description will help!

manda

Council Member
Jul 3, 2005
swirling in the abyss of nowhere la
Re: RE: Anyone looking for a roomie?

GreenGreta said:
If it's a school town there should be no shortage of nice fun roomates to live with. They will keep you up all night with their loud parties. Maybe step on a sharp needle on the way to the bathroom.

Maybe you can keep them up with YOUR parties.
I hate roomates, they don't work for me.

I hear you all TOO well :roll:

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

I had a roomie once. We ended up beating the crap out of each other over who should pick up the empties. We weren't even mad...we just stood there hitting each other and giggling maniacally. In the end we walked over to the bar, had a long talk ("good band eh?" "Yeah, except the music sucks") and decided to move out.