Another Car Attack

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Driss Oukabir

Unless it's Neo Nazis.

In which case, I don't see no terrorist.

Vbeacher

Electoral Member
Sep 9, 2013
Ottawa
I was reading a stinging and obscene denunciation of the alt-right who went to Charlottesville the other day, not just of the Nazis and White supremacists, but of those who weren't, but decided to go because they saw it as an alt-right, pro freedom of speech, pro tradition, etc. kind of thing. This was on a right wing web site, btw.

Anyway, one of the points the writer made was that the knuckle-dragging moron who ran people over with his car was a gift that will keep on giving forever to the Leftist Islamophiles. From now on, he said, any time there's a Muslim terrorist attack the Islamophiles will be holding the incident out as if it were a shield to protect their Islamist extremist friends from accusations and criticism.

Didn't take long to show he had it right.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I was reading a stinging and obscene denunciation of the alt-right who went to Charlottesville the other day, not just of the Nazis and White supremacists, but of those who weren't, but decided to go because they saw it as an alt-right, pro freedom of speech, pro tradition, etc. kind of thing. This was on a right wing web site, btw.

Anyway, one of the points the writer made was that the knuckle-dragging moron who ran people over with his car was a gift that will keep on giving forever to the Leftist Islamophiles. From now on, he said, any time there's a Muslim terrorist attack the Islamophiles will be holding the incident out as if it were a shield to protect their Islamist extremist friends from accusations and criticism.

Didn't take long to show he had it right.

Did you know that since 9/11, more Americans have been killed by Nazi terrorists than by Muslim terrorists?

Ain't just a one-time thing.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Why do these people get so bitter when people denounce Nazis? The reaction to a Nazi terrorist murdering someone with a car is "oh great now when Islamic terrorists kill people with cars, they'll excuse it."

Uh.. no? Sorry guys, it's not OK to kill people with cars because Nazis did it. Who would think of such a thing?

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
Did you know that since 9/11, more Americans have been killed by Nazi terrorists than by Muslim terrorists?

Ain't just a one-time thing.

Really? Stats please. Trust me, I won't be surprised if you're right, but still curious to see the stats.

Why do these people get so bitter when people denounce Nazis? The reaction to a Nazi terrorist murdering someone with a car is "oh great now when Islamic terrorists kill people with cars, they'll excuse it."

Uh.. no? Sorry guys, it's not OK to kill people with cars because Nazis did it. Who would think of such a thing?

Nazis?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

No we just want people to hold both sides to account . No one is excusing any action by the neo Nazi's but many are defending the actions of Antifa and BLM . Are you one of those ?

Vbeacher read it on a right-wing website. It's probably some crank alt-right site that pretends it doesn't support Nazis.
So continue to attack the messenger . That always is a sign of something .

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
Now I don't agree that rioting is the correct way to deal with Nazis. But we're still talking about Nazis. Not that I'm an expert or anything, but even if we disagree on how to confront Nazism, I hope we at least agree that it needs to be confronted.

When Nazis can congregate in such large numbers in public without shame, society's got a problem. These Nazis ought to have felt too ashamed to protest without at least covering their faces. They went out face-exposed and proud. That's a problem.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Now I don't agree that rioting is the correct way to deal with Nazis. But we're still talking about Nazis. Not that I'm an expert or anything, but even if we disagree on how to confront Nazism, I hope we at least agree that it needs to be confronted.

When Nazis can congregate in such large numbers in public without shame, society's got a problem. These Nazis ought to have felt too ashamed to protest without at least covering their faces. They went out face-exposed and proud. That's a problem.

It's proportional. Maybe rioting isn't the correct way to deal with Nazis in large numbers. When Nazis congregated in even larger numbers, we shot at them and dropped bombs on them. When Richard Spencer was standing the street, he got punched in the face. It's all proportional.

So? Are you saying that the problem is not that they're White supremacists but that they are Democrats?

Ding ding. That's exactly what he's saying.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Were the Spaniards taking down a statue? That would be a game changer.