All things Chomsky

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Re: RE: All things Chomsky

Twila said:
Except that being canadian I must be communist because I have no hate on for Fidel Castro....

Eh? No, this is about Chomsky , not Fidel.

I know it's not fashionable to feel nothing for Mr. Castro. I know that it flies in the face of the US's policy's but.....

Read Above.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
I think not said:
"brought to light" suggests, he uncovered a plot or conspiracy. That's what he allegedly excels in.

I think that the Commission wasn't widely known to even exist.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Jay said:
I think not said:
"brought to light" suggests, he uncovered a plot or conspiracy. That's what he allegedly excels in.

I think that the Commission wasn't widely known to even exist.

I don't believe you are accurate but I could be wrong. I know eveybody knew about it in 1976 when Carter was elected. I don't recall when it was founded however.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
you said
" look up his up close and personal meeting with the benevolent human rights activist "Fidel Castro" and then, watch his documentary "Distorted Morality", in that order, you may have a different opinion of him after that. I'll say nothing more, not to influence."

To which I said:
"Except that being canadian I must be communist because I have no hate on for Fidel Castro.... "

then you said:
"Eh? No, this is about Chomsky , not Fidel. "

To which I say:
If we're not talking about fidel and chomsky then what are we talking about, eh?

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
I may not be OLD enough to remember that..... :wink:

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire

Twila said:
you said
" look up his up close and personal meeting with the benevolent human rights activist "Fidel Castro" and then, watch his documentary "Distorted Morality", in that order, you may have a different opinion of him after that. I'll say nothing more, not to influence."

To which I said:
"Except that being canadian I must be communist because I have no hate on for Fidel Castro.... "

then you said:
"Eh? No, this is about Chomsky , not Fidel. "

To which I say:
If we're not talking about fidel and chomsky then what are we talking about, eh?

We're talking about Chomsky, Twilla. I said, read about Chomskys enccounter with Fidel Castro and what they talked about and then watch Chomsky's documentary "Distorted Morality"

Better?

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
yes much. I have slow moments (obviously) especially when the thread becomes conveluted and weird. Which this one definatley has.

I understood what you said about which order and what. What confused me was the we're not talking about fidel when clearly we are.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire

Twila said:
yes much. I have slow moments (obviously) especially when the thread becomes conveluted and weird. Which this one definatley has.

I understood what you said about which order and what. What confused me was the we're not talking about fidel when clearly we are.

We're only talking about Fidel because what Chomsky said to him is what matters. If you follow that order, you'll see what I mean :)

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Typical right wing garbage...can't attack the content so attack the writer. You don't like what Chomsky says, so you say that he is boring...an attempt to keep others from listening to him.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire

Reverend Blair said:
Typical right wing garbage...can't attack the content so attack the writer. You don't like what Chomsky says, so you say that he is boring...an attempt to keep others from listening to him.

Typical left wing blather, doesn't allow opinions that do not conform within your "realm of reality" and non-existent conspiracy theories.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
ITN, I will try it. Can't say it'll matter much. I know I have a very different view of Fidel then most.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire

Twila said:
ITN, I will try it. Can't say it'll matter much. I know I have a very different view of Fidel then most.

Twila, this isn't about Fidel. It's about what Chomsky SAID to Fidel and how he eventually debunks all that he says to him in his documentary "Distorted Morality"

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005

mrmom2 said:
C'mon Rev he's pretty boring to listen to You got to admit

Well, as a linguist he has a very precise, analytical way with words, mrm. Some may find this boring, but what he says is actually quite interesting. Besides, how do you make diatribes on neo-imperialism exciting for the masses? :p