Abuse, intimidation, death threats-hilarious Guardian article about turncoat vegans

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Just like we all know a homo or two we probably all know a vegan some are even allowed to post here-but did you know how truly awful many of them are?

Abuse, intimidation, death threats: the vicious backlash facing former vegans

Going vegan has never been more popular – but some people who try it and then decide to reintroduce animal products face shocking treatment

In 2015, Freya Robinson decided to go vegan. For more than a year, the 28-year-old from East Sussex did not consume a single animal product. Then, in 2016, on a family holiday in Bulgaria, she passed a steak restaurant and something inside her switched. “I walked in and ordered the biggest steak I could have and completely inhaled it,” she says. After finishing it, she ordered another.

For the previous year, Robinson had been suffering from various health problems – low energy levels, brain fog, painful periods and dull skin – which she now believes were the result of her diet. She says her decline was gradual and almost went unnoticed. “Because it’s not an instant depletion, you don’t suddenly feel bad the next day, it’s months down the line. It’s very, very slow.” In just over a year, the balanced plant-based food she cooked daily from scratch, using organic vegetables from the farm she works on, and legumes and nuts vital for protein, had, she felt, taken a toll on her body.

The morning after the steak felt revelatory: “I felt this surge of energy. My face was glowing again. I remember leaping out of bed and it was only in that moment I realised I’d been slowly depleting my body of vital nutrients.” She says that the days after the reintroduction of animal products to her diet saw her clarity and ability to cope with stress return. Minor inconveniences, such as dealing with a grumpy customer at the farm’s market stall, no longer seemed like a mammoth burden; the intense physical work on the farm felt less laboured. Having operated at what she describes as 60% both physically and mentally, she was now “realising what normal should be”.

In just over 75 years, veganism has grown from a fringe movement to a mainstream lifestyle choice practised by millions globally. In 2019, it was estimated that around 600,000 people in Britain were following a vegan diet – up from approximately 150,000 people in 2014. This year saw the biggest number (more than 580,000 people) sign up for Veganuary, pledging to eat a plant-based diet for the month. Next year is likely to be even bigger. A host of new vegan brands, some owned by the major supermarkets, have made the once niche diet easy to follow.

After reintroducing animal products, and speaking out about it, he was branded a ‘murderer’ and received death threats

Reactions: taxslave and Mowich

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
I laugh at the vegtards who scream about processed meat being a carcinogen while clueless to the fact that ALL processed food is total shit. Including the fake plant-based meats. What really pisses me off is there are asshole restaurants using fake meat as a filler for real meat.
For example, Subway's 100% "real chicken" does contain real chicken, but it also contains a fair amount of plant protein masquerading as chicken. But Subway is far from the only guilty party there. It's easy to tell too. The fake chicken has a kind if rubbery consistency to it and there's no natural grain to it. They just take some real chicken, some fake chicken, pulp them together and then form them into vaguely chicken shaped parts. So technically it's not a lie when they say "made with 100% real chicken" as long as there's some real chicken in it.

Reactions: taxslave

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Seriously, I was looking over the offerings in a fast-food place in Maryland, and there was an asterisk on the "crab fritters" that led to an obviously-required footnote that said "Made with a crab-like food substance."

We don't have food. We have "food substances."

• Haha

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Seriously, I was looking over the offerings in a fast-food place in Maryland, and there was an asterisk on the "crab fritters" that led to an obviously-required footnote that said "Made with a crab-like food substance."

We don't have food. We have "food substances."
It's probably the same "crab" sold in many grocery stores, which is just starch and finely pulverized whitefish.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
If they say food rather than food-product, they have to follow guidelines from the food regulatory agencies. Similarly why we have Froot Loops rather than Fruit Loops.