A refugee policy that costs the taxpayer nothing.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
The government should not be giving refugees money. Instead, let them in to fend for themselves:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4gURZQPW4U

This is how to do it.

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
That would be impossible for most, they don't speak the languages of Canada, their accreditation is un-verifiable. They cannot fend for themselves; its one thing to find for adults, but many of them have 4, 5 or 6 kids in tow. We need to help them for a few years to be fair.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
That would be impossible for most, they don't speak the languages of Canada, their accreditation is un-verifiable. They cannot fend for themselves; its one thing to find for adults, but many of them have 4, 5 or 6 kids in tow. We need to help them for a few years to be fair.

You can help them all you want with your own money. The only thing my taxes should give them is visa-free access to the Canadian labour market. Beyond that, I give to charity. The food bank's down the street next to the homeless shelter. If you don't like that, Canada should be more than willing to buy you a one-way ticket back home. I think Svalbard's on to something.

If it works in Svalbard, why could it not work here? Honestly, I bet the quality of refugees in Svalbard is superior to that on the Norwegian mainland in spite of Svalbard's open-border policy. Why? Because they have to support themselves in Svalbard and don't get to enjoy any state benefits.

Kathie Bondar

Kathie Bondar
May 11, 2010
Calgary, Alberta
Yeh, at least they can do one thing: make babies