A question for American's

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
CDNBear

Fair enough - the U.S. has travelled militarily to far more nations than perhaps any other nation in our modern world.

They have failed in many cases too, however they are still working with the governments with whom they failed initially to lift their standards of living for their people - they travel to the U.S. sites of universities all over the country to hold meetings on basic lifegiving knowledge such as farming and labor and economics .... the people who have been at war with the U.S. still turn to them when they want assistance... Look at VietNam for instance. A bloody failure as far as I can tell, but there is strong immigration from that nation and their people are brilliant and give them another generation they will be
well equipped to either stay in the U.S. or take their knowledge home and improve their countries as they wish.

I think the drug cartel raids in South America (or Central) were another failure and the U.S. is blamed entirely for that one - but nobody looks at those nations now to see how they have still a working relationship with the U.S. government. Perhaps people don't want to "look".

Israel should have been on its own long ago. I believe they should never have been assigned that part of the landscape by the original U.N. group (I forget their original name).... after WWII. They are supported by the U.S. and I think that is dangerous work for a nation to be dependent entirely on another. But they are the only military outpost in the middle east and perhaps the payoff is equitable. It must be like living in a bomb shelter ....

I guess I should explain, I am all for pulling up the planks, bringing the military home from all their outposts, set about repairing our own economy and defense nationally and forget the international scene for a while and let it shake out on its own.

Nobody thinks that's a good idea I guess because they don't seem to be doing it.... I really don't like this "giving it all up" stuff.... for whatever reason the government does it.... like some fairy godmother...
when there are so many of its own people in need - dire need.

I have oft thought the exact same event would help expose some of the vlour the West has done, yet never has recieved credit for.