Scared

snfu73

disturber of the peace
I want to watch scared and scared blog but the jerks won't let people outside of the us watch it :angryfire:
http://www.mtv.com/ontv/dyn/scarred/series.jhtml

I don't see why not either because I get MTV on shaw.
What jerks won't? The world of licensing and broadcast rules are complex and...wierd...I dunno. Like, the fact that MTV in canada is not allowed to show music videos. It really doesn't have anything to do with you or I, the viewers. It has everything to do with battles over revenue resources...advertisers...licensing...purchase agreements...stuff like that. The viewer or listener is usually last on the list of important people.

s243a

Council Member
Mar 9, 2007
Calgary
What jerks won't? The world of licensing and broadcast rules are complex and...wierd...I dunno. Like, the fact that MTV in canada is not allowed to show music videos. It really doesn't have anything to do with you or I, the viewers. It has everything to do with battles over revenue resources...advertisers...licensing...purchase agreements...stuff like that. The viewer or listener is usually last on the list of important people.

It still sucks.

s243a

Council Member
Mar 9, 2007
Calgary
Does it play on MTV here in Canada?

I don't know but it plays on at 9:30 eastern so it would be pretty late at Calgary time. I don't have a recording device. Here is a taste of the show:

I want to see the inline skating.

snfu73

disturber of the peace
I didn't have sound...but...looked and saw. Isn't there, like, a billion videos and shows and movies and stuff with the exact same subject matter? Why is this show so important to see? I'm not trying to be snotty about it...just curious as to why you are so interested in this particular show? There are tons of underground tapes and videos out there that seem to me to be way better. But, it is all subjective...I know that.

s243a

Council Member
Mar 9, 2007
Calgary
I didn't have sound...but...looked and saw. Isn't there, like, a billion videos and shows and movies and stuff with the exact same subject matter? Why is this show so important to see? I'm not trying to be snotty about it...just curious as to why you are so interested in this particular show? There are tons of underground tapes and videos out there that seem to me to be way better. But, it is all subjective...I know that.

It's a fair question. There is not much inline skating on TV. I'd like to support the industry. People say the show is addictive. I haven't watched it yet so I can't say much. It kind of makes the sports seem hard core. Hopefully it won't scare parents too much. Do you know there are more injuries in baseball then there are in skateboarding?

snfu73

disturber of the peace
It's a fair question. There is not much inline skating on TV. I'd like to support the industry. People say the show is addictive. I haven't watched it yet so I can't say much. It kind of makes the sports seem hard core. Hopefully it won't scare parents too much. Do you know there are more injuries in baseball then there are in skateboarding?
I think skateboarding is great. I am not good at myself...anytime I have tried, it has been a miserable failure. But, I think it's a very interesting sport and culture. It's an asthetically interesting deal...I like alot of the music associated with it...the styles...those sorts of things. I don't see it as being a crime...as the old saying goes. I think it's good stuff. I would love to see in New York or LA or something, the old pools that they use to skate in. I think those are pretty neat stuff. I used to go to warped tour all the time, though I have given up on it in the last few years, and as your probably know, there was a large skate culture contingent there. But...alas...I'm toooo old...:)

s243a

Council Member
Mar 9, 2007
Calgary
I think skateboarding is great. I am not good at myself...anytime I have tried, it has been a miserable failure. But, I think it's a very interesting sport and culture. It's an asthetically interesting deal...I like alot of the music associated with it...the styles...those sorts of things. I don't see it as being a crime...as the old saying goes. I think it's good stuff. I would love to see in New York or LA or something, the old pools that they use to skate in. I think those are pretty neat stuff. I used to go to warped tour all the time, though I have given up on it in the last few years, and as your probably know, there was a large skate culture contingent there. But...alas...I'm toooo old...:)

How older are you. I'm 29 and started aggressive inline skating two weeks ago. Well maybe a year ago but I just got the proper skates two weeks ago. At another forum I met someone that started using rollar skates (quads) on ramps at 35. He learned how to do flips and stuff. His name is crazy dave and he posts here:
http://skatelogforum.com/forums/index.php

As for skate boarding I haven't done that for about 12 years. I'd probably still do it if my friend didn't keep breaking all my skateboards trying to ollie down stairs. :angryfire:

Last edited:

snfu73

disturber of the peace
They won't let me see this show on their website either:

http://www.mtv.com/ontv/dyn/roadrules-season14/series.jhtml
http://www.rateaskater.com/message58929.htm

Isn't the internet suppose to be free and open. Those b@$t3rds! I hope the CRTC has nothing to do with this.
Who knows who has what to do with it. Licensing is a funny thing. There are a number of privatly run radio stations out of the UK that I used to listen to, but now because of copyright issues, you can no longer hear them over the internet from outside of the UK. Copyright is a big issue. MTV probably wants to have as much control over the product as possible in order to fully capitalize on any potential revenues. Who knows. I don't think the CRTC would have much to do with this one. I think it is the main source that is the issue...MTV itself.

snfu73

disturber of the peace
How older are you. I'm 29 and started aggressive inline skating two weeks ago. Well maybe a year ago but I just got the proper skates two weeks ago. At another forum I met someone that started using rollar skates (quads) on ramps at 35. He leared how to do flips and stuff. His name is crazy dave and he posts here:
http://skatelogforum.com/forums/index.php
33 years old. I don't think I will be starting ANY sport with the word aggressive in it anytime soon...:)

s243a

Council Member
Mar 9, 2007
Calgary
Who knows who has what to do with it. Licensing is a funny thing. There are a number of privatly run radio stations out of the UK that I used to listen to, but now because of copyright issues, you can no longer hear them over the internet from outside of the UK. Copyright is a big issue. MTV probably wants to have as much control over the product as possible in order to fully capitalize on any potential revenues. Who knows. I don't think the CRTC would have much to do with this one. I think it is the main source that is the issue...MTV itself.

Oh well, maybe I'll find a way around it :lol:

Riyko

Electoral Member
Apr 29, 2006
Oakville, Ontario
A proxy is used to mask your ip address so no one can trace where you live, but mostly all of the time they give you an ip address in China.

Anyways, to the Original Poster, the show scarred isn't as good as they made it out to be, they show how the person got injured, the injury, what they went through after words and what they are doing now and if they are still doing what gave them the injury. Personally that show dissapointed me, i was expecting it to be better then what it was. The only good thing about that show is the host Jacoby Shaddox from Papa Roach.