If I had a million dollars.

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
1 million doesn't go very far anymore.

I would continue to work.

Buy a modest apartment in a prime location (downtown Vancouver), buy myself a 45 000 dollar car. Then I would buy my brother a car my parents a vacation trip.

Then I would put the rest into savings and investments.

And if I plan it right, have a nice cushy life!

snfu73

disturber of the peace
1 million doesn't go very far anymore.

I would continue to work.

Buy a modest apartment in a prime location (downtown Vancouver), buy myself a 45 000 dollar car. Then I would buy my brother a car my parents a vacation trip.

Then I would put the rest into savings and investments.

And if I plan it right, have a nice cushy life!
Rest?? A modest apartment in a prime location in Vancouver would about wipe out that million bucks.... Well, you maybe able to buy your car...but the rest? I think you can forget about it, man.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
A nice reliant automobile. would it have a fridge in the back?

I always thought that those guys at Chrysler knew more than the customers when they picked "Reliant" as the name:

Adj.1.reliant - relying on another for support; "dependent on Middle Eastern oil" dependent - not independent; "dependent children"

Most of those old Reliants were, well, reliant on the dealer to keep them running....

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
I'd buy a small place in my neighbourhood. I could probably buy a 2 bedroom apartment with that (I'm assuming this is 1 million Canadian $)...

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Well I guess a modest apartment further out in Burnaby... that would still be $300 000, lol