Dinning Alone

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
Ive been cooking meatballs all afternoon. Couldnt find a recipe so i made one up. They have beef and parmesan and pine nuts and breadcrumbs (panko japanese ones cos i had them in the cupboard) and large quantities of garlic, and they're cooked in a tomato and ricotta sauce.

I started with 3 pounds of beef so I have rather too many and no way of freezing them. I had better go out and buy some tupperware

LOL yum! Im making dinner for Kris tonight Ive got to get moving.....surf and turf shrimp and steak.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
It was a great night. Listened to Whoopie, watched Robin, and 4 black woman comidians real southern baptist humour. It was so nice sitting with someone that laughs in all the spots you laugh, to have a friendly arm around you while you talk politics and religion. Im really really really starting to believe all the good ones are gay or married and I'm SOL. I think Fae sent me Kris so I can still be in the life of a shining star *tears*

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
Another "Critter" day. I really wish I knew if this was normal or am I over reacting?Its been 10 months and Im doing needle work and I was getting into it and the tears flow.....when does this stop? I'll just stop breathing and feel overwhelmed. Im not empathing , this ones all mine. I just wish I knew whats "normal" grieving time on this. At what point should it stop hurting so bad. I didnt feel like this when Mom died. *sigh* Maybe a lil more neadle work.....

RomSpaceKnight

Council Member
Oct 30, 2006
London, Ont. Canada
Totally normal. My mum's death, my dad's and my younger brother's all effected me different. Still grieving over my bro 4 years later. A year at absolute minimum of grieving time. 10 months is nothing. Give it time.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
I get accused of being a drama queen so much I dont know whats normal and I get scared that maybe I am dragging it on. Today Ive kept busy doing household stuff.....and I finally got Critter'd death certificate fixed, they had the wrong name on it. Its at my Sisters shes sending it out tomorrow.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
Subject: 1st Blonde Guy Joke

The very first ever Blonde GUY joke..... And well worth the wait!

An Irishman, a Mexican and a Blonde Guy were doing construction work on
scaffolding on the 20th floor of a building.

They were eating lunch and the Irishman said, "Corned beef and cabbage!
If
I get corned beef and cabbage one more time for lunch, I'm going to jump
off
this building."

The Mexican opened his lunch box and exclaimed, "Burritos again! If I get
burritos one more time I'm going to jump off, too."

The blonde opened his lunch and said, "Bologna again! If I get a bologna
sandwich one more time, I'm jumping too."

The next day, the Irishman opened his lunch box, saw corned beef and
cabbage, and jumped to his death.

The Mexican opened his lunch, saw a burrito, and jumped, too.

The blonde guy opened his lunch, saw the bologna and jumped to his death
as
well.

At the funeral, the Irishman's wife was weeping. She said, "If I'd known
how really tired he was of corned beef and cabbage, I never would have
given
it to him again!"

The Mexican's wife also wept and said, "I could have given him tacos or
enchiladas! I didn't realize he hated burritos so much."

Everyone turned and stared at the blonde's wife. The blonde's wife said,
"Don't look at me; the idiot makes his own lunch.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
Its to late for supper, I had the last of the soup at noon. Ive got to run backups on my sites and I think tomorrow I'll prepair to get ready for reformatting my hard drive.

RomSpaceKnight

Council Member
Oct 30, 2006
London, Ont. Canada
I had roast beef and yorkshire pudding twice this weekend. Friends b-day bash was at the Elephant and Castle. Good English pub food there. Had to have their rb and yorkie. Next day after friends grad we went to local pub and they had rb and york for a special. Bad to have beef two days in a row but could not resist. The Elephant and Castle had better roast beef but the veggies and yorkshire pudding were better at the Bristol.

B-day bash was so-so. She is a bit of a drama queen and her current bf is an idiot. She has lousy taste in men. All her gf's stopped in but can't stand the bf so made excuses to leave. Party broke up at 1 am. I was left alone to do shots with the waitress while I finished up the two beers I had just ordered. Was kinda tanked leaving there. Made it to nudie bar for last call of more shots and two more beers.

Methinks that was my b-day piss up. Should have friends over for dinner next weekend. Getting drunk twice in a month would be out of character for me. But if I gotta then I gotta.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
Gotta go out on your Bday its a must. Aradia did the strip club thing for her Bday (she's Bi and used to strip) She had a ball. I was invited but Im not sure Im that secure in my sexuality yet LOL

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
Here's one for ya Self:

Buy half a Salmon and mix equal parts of brown sugar, lemon and butter melt and stir and then slather on salmon and bake in the oven for twelve minutes. You will have a piece of salmon that is moist tasty with a hint of the flavor of brown sugar and you can chop it into pieces and freeze it for a later date. Bake on 350. You won't believe how this, I think it's called braise, makes the salmon taste. Yummy and I don't like Salmon.

You came up in circle.........Healing being sent your way Mon Bonne Lass.

Im making your recipe I added walnuts and craisons.......mmmmmm I also am making a veggie stir fry....yellow and green onions, bell pepper, tomatoe, broccolli. I havent broken circlee yet I'll wait til the candles die out. Critter's here and we've had a long talk. Good night for devination work the veil's thin and its a night for planting seeds ;)

RomSpaceKnight

Council Member
Oct 30, 2006
London, Ont. Canada
My freezer is emptying real quick. Got no more shrimp of any size, scallops, or sole. Almost out of lobster claws, one packet left. I got a bag of salmon fillets that are one frozen mass. Guess they got to be eaten though. If I defrost it, it's salmon for supper for about a week. Can't serve it at a dinner party cause one of my main usual guests does not like fish. Silly girl. Her hubby loves to eat at my place cause that's the only time he gets fish or seafood.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
hmm well u can pretty much do the length of it in a day from north to south... probably 15 hours or so... not sure how wide it is though

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
this is a fish pie recipe I use to impress people and take them a step closer to heart failure. It can be toned down quite extensively on the fat-and-cheese side. An excellent thing to do is leave the skins on the potatos

The whole fish pie thing is one of the most homely, comforting and ?moreish? dinners I can think of. This is a cracking recipe, which does it for me.

6 large potatoes, peeled and diced into 1-inch squares
2 free-range eggs
2 large handfuls fresh spinach, trimmed and washed
1 onion, finely chopped
1 carrot, halved and finely chopped
Extra-virgin olive oil
1 cup heavy cream
2 good handfuls grated mature Cheddar or Parmesan
1 lemon, juiced
1 heaped teaspoon English mustard
1 large handful flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
1 pound haddock or fresh cod fillet, skin removed, pin-boned and sliced into strips
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Nutmeg, optional

Serving suggestions: peas, greens, baked beans, and tomato ketchup

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.

Put the potatoes into salted boiling water and bring back to a boil for 2 minutes. Carefully add the eggs to the pan and cook for a further 8 minutes until hard boiled, by which time the potatoes should also be cooked. At the same time, steam the spinach in a colander above the pan. This will only take a minute. When the spinach is done, remove from the colander and gently squeeze any excess moisture away. Then drain the potatoes in the colander. Remove the eggs, cool under cold water, then peel and quarter them. Set aside.

In a separate pan slowly fry the onion and carrot in a little olive oil for about 5 minutes, then add the heavy cream, and bring just to a boil. Remove from the heat and add the cheese, lemon juice, mustard, and parsley.

Put the spinach, fish and eggs into an appropriately sized earthenware dish and mix together, pouring over the creamy vegetable sauce. The cooked potatoes should be drained and mashed, add a bit of olive oil, salt, pepper, and a touch of nutmeg, if you like. Spread on top of the fish. Don't bother piping it to make it look pretty, it's a homely hearty thing. Place in the oven for about 25 to 30 minutes until the potatoes are golden. Serve with some nice peas or greens, not forgetting the baked beans and tomato ketchup. Tacky but tasty, and that?s what I like.