Anna Nicole Smith dies after collapse

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
Well, Anna's done more than most of us: she's had her fifteen minutes several times. And now she'll have it again. Posthumously. Quite the irony: even when she's gone she's here.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
actually actuated

I actually believe that you actually believe that!!!

Well I actually beleive that you actually beleive that he actually beleives that it is an actuallity.
Well actually I just got back to this thread. Here is a link for you Bear. The Priestess's Poetry.< and pic >:read2:

OK edit in the link, geez, http://www.witchvox.com/poetry/query_po.html

Last edited:

Alexander

Electoral Member
Jan 31, 2007
Vancouver, B.C.
Honestly, I'm not surprised. All of her interviews looked like she was strung out on a bunch of multiple drugs, she would sweat, talk in a muffled voice, sorta roamed her eyes. Then not to mention her nearly being forced to do the DNA test on the baby which I think is obviously her ex boyfriend's.

That new guy she was with said she was under his thumb before. Maybe she was being mistreated. It's also a rumour that he gave her son the drugs he OD'd on. Well a bit more of this "tragedy" then I can finally watch ET without them mentioning Anna Nicole Smith interviews.

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
The Anna Nicole Smith industry is busy as bees in a garden.What it says about contemporary culture and its addiction to celebrities ain't pretty. We've been co-opted.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Actually this has not gotten as much coverage in the European media. The reason why it gets as much attention as it does in the USA is because the right wing controls the media and this news serves to distract people from Bush's terrible failings in Iraq and his worthless domestic agenda.

Reactions: CDNBear

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Junior has a domestic program?
Anyway, someone once said that celebroity has become the news and all else is entertainment. I hate crap tv like ET, Star, Enews and all that and I really don't care that Madonna is adopting a baby from Mars, Ahnode Shortzpecker is making a movie about making everyone quit driving and start riding bycicles, CruiseHolme are having octuplets, etc.

Last edited:

canadarocks

Electoral Member
Dec 26, 2006
Junior has a domestic program?
Anyway, someone once said that celebroity has become the news and all else is entertainment. I hate crap tv like ET, Star, Enews and all that and I really don't care that Madonna is adopting a baby from Mars, Ahnode Shortzpecker is making a movie about making everyone quit driving and start riding bycicles, CruiseHolme are having octuplets, etc.

I feel the same. You might be surprised to read that I didn't even know who this woman was when she died. My daughters had to tell me, with a slight state of shock on their part as they did. What did she do to deserve such attention? She wasn't a writer, an actress, or any other sort of artist. Just a woman who married an old rich guy and kpet his money, from what I understand.

So many real things going on these days, why must we obsess with these would be important people?

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
AND a Playboy bunny!

All joking aside......I totally agree it makes me very agitated that this woman (may she be at peace in the summerlands) is what our children look up to and want to emulate. I mean every interview Ive seen her in sh's slurring her words...........anyway, I was telling my friend last nnight the only one I feel sorry for is that poor baby.

canadarocks

Electoral Member
Dec 26, 2006
AND a Playboy bunny!

All joking aside......I totally agree it makes me very agitated that this woman (may she be at peace in the summerlands) is what our children look up to and want to emulate. I mean every interview Ive seen her in sh's slurring her words...........anyway, I was telling my friend last nnight the only one I feel sorry for is that poor baby.

I didn't know they still had bunnies!!! In this day and age!! Hmm, always considered Playboy and the whole thing the ultimate sexist crap--we are portrayed as "bunnies" for the men...

Didn't know she was one either!

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
yup cover in 83 and center of 84(i think).......she was also a stripper before that......great work if ya can get it.....sorry i couldnt resist. Im no prude believe me! But I dont think I want my girls doing it......call me a hypocrite. But I have friends that are strippers and I know the down sides.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Actually this has not gotten as much coverage in the European media. The reason why it gets as much attention as it does in the USA is because the right wing controls the media and this news serves to distract people from Bush's terrible failings in Iraq and his worthless domestic agenda.
Briliant observation, you couldn't have hit that nail any more squarely on the head if you tried.

Last edited:

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
CDN, are you and gopher stating then that the pox of Celebrity Culture, that inundates and soils our lives, is a right wing invention?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
CDN, are you and gopher stating then that the pox of Celebrity Culture, that inundates and soils our lives, is a right wing invention?
No, but it's repedative and flood like saturation of the airwaves, is a tender destraction from the realities of life.

We, beleive it or not, see it for what it is, a mass blind fold.

I won't pin it on the right or the left, but on governments altogether. As is pro sports. It destracts the masses from the real issues of the day, and lulls them into a new blissful reality, void of things to think critically of.

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
Well, it is a " mass blind fold" for sure. It's also an embarrassment when our key news networks and print dailies stoop to carry coverage of these spoiled, outrageously compensated jackasses. The West is blissfully in decline. It worships decadence while constantly prattling on about how it wants to protect its kids. We've become a joke.