Why People Think the World is Flat

taxme

Time Out
Feb 11, 2020
The "look" green but they aren’t. Its a fact. In the right spectrum of light they look black because they absorb it.

You can't change physics but you can dye you hair.

They will always look green to me. :giggle:

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
If the world was flat, we'd all be the same colour because the sun would reach the entire surface with equal intensity. It would also mean other celestial bodies like the Sun are also flat so lucky us the flat part just happens to face towards us, eh? Never mind the other planets in the solar systohhhhh now I get it. The reason no one has actually seen the mysterious "Planet X" is because the rim faces us. NOW it all makes sense. 😆

And really, if the earth is flat, why do flat-earthers still portray it as circular shape?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Nope. I'm saying it's weird that they always portray the earth as circular even though they insist it's flat. Ever seen a sheet of plywood? Or a cookie sheet?
I have. OK, now you've established that a flat surface can be rectangular. . . ready?. . . hold on. . . or circular!

Perhaps you're having a problem with "circular" and "spherical."

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Its like a flat tire and like any other planet in the Ford Galaxy, Its only flat on the bottom until you add earth's rotation.

At night it rebounds due to a curved gravitational anomaly that causes the tides and rebound which is known as the "wheel well effct". While you sleep it bulges, in morning you awake at the bottom all flat again.

Last edited: