I Do Believe

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
By far the majority of the “Twucktards” didn’t have time for that nonsense in February in Ottawa.

I was pulling in favours and had drivers & contacts at duty-free stores reporting in on the distribution of Porta-Potties in advance at border crossings of protests, etc…& was cycling in trucks through neighbouring crossings to protests hours (if not days, or even at all) before anything came out on the Gov’t CBSA site….
1663204931002.jpeg
I didn’t start my life in the transportation industry & I’m sure CBSA is still try’n to figure out how we where able to reach these various backwater ports like we did.

We’ve been beyond absolutely swamped since shortly after the Canadian COVID lockdown & still are to this day, so none of our fleet had the time to goof off in Ottawa for weeks.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
By far the majority of the “Twucktards” didn’t have time for that nonsense in February in Ottawa.

I was pulling in favours and had drivers & contacts at duty-free stores reporting in on the distribution of Porta-Potties in advance at border crossings of protests, etc…& was cycling in trucks through neighbouring crossings to protests hours (if not days, or even at all) before anything came out on the Gov’t CBSA site….
View attachment 15681
I didn’t start my life in the transportation industry & I’m sure CBSA is still try’n to figure out how we where able to reach these various backwater ports like we did.

We’ve been beyond absolutely swamped since shortly after the Canadian COVID lockdown & still are to this day, so none of our fleet had the time to goof off in Ottawa for weeks.
That event in Ottawa was the most patriotic event in Canada since the Canada Russia series . Sad to see you look so unfavourably on it .

Reactions: Taxslave2

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
I truly appreciate the time an money all those truckers put in to looking out for our interests in Ottawa. The best part is that most of their bills can be written off.

• Haha
Reactions: Serryah

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
That event in Ottawa was the most patriotic event in Canada since the Canada Russia series . Sad to see you look so unfavourably on it .
Just haven’t/didn’t have time for it. Beyond absolutely swamped for a couple years plus now. Ridiculously so!!! Like, no time off in a couple of years+ now sorta swamped….like it takes two hours to catch up from the lunch hour kinda swamped…

The point was made the first weekend & the Following Monday when Trudeau hid from them back in February. Done Deal. Call it a win & get back to work!!!…the rest was a goat rodeo of wasted time as a target of Liberal/NDP Propaganda. Sad but true.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Just haven’t/didn’t have time for it. Beyond absolutely swamped for a couple years plus now. Ridiculously so!!! Like, no time off in a couple of years+ now sorta swamped….like it takes two hours to catch up from the lunch hour kinda swamped…

The point was made the first weekend & the Following Monday when Trudeau hid from them back in February. Done Deal. Call it a win & get back to work!!!…the rest was a goat rodeo of wasted time as a target of Liberal/NDP Propaganda. Sad but true.
Well those that participated and supporters did Canada proud in the opinion of many .

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Well, I did indeed wander up for a couple of weeks. Saw nine plays in ten days at Shaw and Stratford.

Gotta say, y'all are RIGHT! In all the bars, the restaurants, and all the other places people meet, all the talk in Ontario was of ways and means to ENSLAVE the good folk of Westernesse!

The plays? Oh, yeah. . .

Shaw (Niagra-on-the-Lake):
Damn Yankees - lots of fun
Just to Get Married - searing, well-acted look at the limits on women in early-20th-century Britain (and the U.S. and Canada).
Gaslight - excellent presentation of of evil and the need to stay one's course.
The Importance of Being Earnest - EVERY line was a laugh line. Wilde was a genius.
The Doctors' Dillemma - ugh. Mr/Ms Director, you are not a better playwright than Bernard Shaw.

Stratford:
Hamlet - Tried too hard. Claudius and Polonius were very good. Everybody else. . . PROJECT!
Chicago - good dirty fun. Excellent dancing.
The Miser - Colm Feore is an absolute master.
All's Well That Ends Well - solid, excellent Shakespeare. Minimizing the sets and props brought out the important parts, script and acting.

Out and About - I really like Canadians as a group. You're good people.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

Nope the longer they stayed and the community support was amazing unfortunatly the press slanted what transpired and was somewhat suggesful in forming a negative response . Even an even minded person like yourself has been told to negatively think about these patriots .

Reactions: Taxslave2

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I shall wander up Canada-wards. The seasons at the Shaw Festival and Stratford look pretty good, and my lady is a big theatre fan.

And now that the Twucktards have slunk off to wherever-the-hell they crawled out of. . .

Maybe I can catch an Argos game.
They are next in town on the 8th. I will be at that game. Second in 2 nights seeing the Riders in Hamilton as well. If you do wind up there and are on same side of the field, maybe we can meet and I could buy you a beer or a hot dog.

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022

I’m still undecided about that. Note I don’t have a horse in the race anymore, but the stuff they are protesting does cost me money and my pension has not kept pace. The point was made by about day three and could have ended. But they did cause TurdOWE to make himself look bad on the international stage. That in itself is worth something. It was also interesting to see that TurdOWE used martial law and lies instead of even meeting with people that pay for his lavish lifestyle. He has utter contempt for working people.

Reactions: petros

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I’m still undecided about that. Note I don’t have a horse in the race anymore, but the stuff they are protesting does cost me money and my pension has not kept pace. The point was made by about day three and could have ended. But they did cause TurdOWE to make himself look bad on the international stage. That in itself is worth something. It was also interesting to see that TurdOWE used martial law and lies instead of even meeting with people that pay for his lavish lifestyle. He has utter contempt for working people.
I went and checked out a protest at the truck border in Surrey , it was a very diverse crowd , peaceful and well behaved . Lots of families , some three generations walking together , and many young groups perhaps early twenties . Lots of flag waving and O Canadas . Volunteers providing water and food . It touched the heart .

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Trudeau already was a joke on the world stage, but this exposed him further to the average Joe outside of Canada as exactly the hypocritical goofball that he is, but to what end? They don’t vote in Canadian Federal elections.

China has seen him as the pushover ‘Little Potato’ forever, & India sees him as the Tickle Trunk Tik-Tok PM that brings terrorists & murders on state visits, and they’re together 1/3rd of the population of the planet.

The US see’s him as the sparkle socks pushover in the NAFTA/USMCA negotiations and the punchline of night show monologues….& England sees him as the karaoke dude attending the Queens Funeral, and so on and so forth, and so what?

The Five Eyes just isn’t anymore. The massive oil & gas reserves mean little without pipelines. The war in the Ukrainian with winter coming for Europe and we offer Fairy Dust & Unicorn Farts instead of Natural Gas because of Trudeau’s idea of business models. Our economy spiraling down the toilet as the printing presses are in overtime printing money on borrowed funding….& Trudeau can’t give it away fast enough to try an purchase….whatever…votes or influence or magic beans or rented loyalty or what have you.

It all comes back to Canadian Citizens get to vote in Canadian Federal Elections, and not the rest of the world. Once he’s out we can start repairing the damage but not beforehand.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
They are next in town on the 8th. I will be at that game. Second in 2 nights seeing the Riders in Hamilton as well. If you do wind up there and are on same side of the field, maybe we can meet and I could buy you a beer or a hot dog.
Appreciate it, but I'm back in the Land of the Whatever and the Home of Whatever.

I was annoyed that all the games were in Westernesse while I was up yonder. I could have easily gotten to an Argos or a Ti-Cats game.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Maybe they were ridesharing to save money?
Sorry it was unrelated but your comment made me think of it. I got thinking about it when talking to my dad. We were pointing out that some weekends there are 3 teams on byes. Also Saskatchewan has not yet played Calgary at all this year (they play home and home the final 2 games). They are the only western team they play twice not 3 times. Also they play all the eastern teams twice ... except Ottawa who they only play once. The whole schedule is weird.