NBA Dying

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Speaking of NBA-something I never watch- I was in a Broadway pizzeria a while back and basketball was on their tube.

I couldn't believe it when I saw how much fakery had taken over the game since last I saw one-not soccer level- but it's still there.

I mentioned to the Manager how shocked I was but I guess he's an old hand at that Bee Ess he just shook his head said 'floppin' are they'?

Disgusting is the first term that comes to mind.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
I gave up on the NBA when Tim Duncan said his $100million plus contract offer from San Antonio was an insult.

Last edited:

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Never was a need for it except to make people like you feel important.

I gotta admit I don't know much about this, but it is interesting since this is the party you are supporting right now

UPDATED:AUG 19, 2020ORIGINAL:FEB 28, 2018
Jim Crow Laws
HISTORY.COM EDITORS

Ku Klux Klan
During the Reconstruction era, local governments, as well as the national Democratic Party and President Andrew Johnson, thwarted efforts to help Black Americans move forward.

Violence was on the rise, making danger a regular aspect of African American life. Black schools were vandalized and destroyed, and bands of violent white people attacked, tortured and lynched Black citizens in the night. Families were attacked and forced off their land all across the South.

The most ruthless organization of the Jim Crow era, the Ku Klux Klan, was born in 1865 in Pulaski, Tennessee, as a private club for Confederate veterans.

The KKK grew into a secret society terrorizing Black communities and seeping through white Southern culture, with members at the highest levels of government and in the lowest echelons of criminal back alleys.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
All sports viewing is down.

The only thing down worse than the NBA is is the NHL. NHL finals viewership down 61%.

So it really has nothing to do with the kneeling etc.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Lebron is pretty much putting a stamp on the who is the goat argument.

He is better than Jordan IMO. He has taken a number of teams to the promised land against some legit opponents. The Jordan Bulls didn't beat anybody.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Lebron is pretty much putting a stamp on the who is the goat argument.
He is better than Jordan IMO. He has taken a number of teams to the promised land against some legit opponents. The Jordan Bulls didn't beat anybody.
The Jordan Bulls beat everybody.

Aside from that, I pretty much agree with your argument.

Jordan was probably a better player individually, but LeBron has mad leadership skills.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Here's a stat:

in the last 10 years there have been 57 NBA finals games

Lebron James has played in 51 of them.