To IMPEACH ????

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Those who laugh last, laugh best, Walter and one day those who do not support the man will do just that. It is beyond belief that he won't embroil himself in yet another controversy. Just a matter of time.
Exactly!!! That has been the pattern of his entire adult life............and it has not changed since he took office. It as hoped that the gravity of the office might instill some behavior change.......but not to be. He has just grown more arrogant, condescending, rude and ruthless. His sense of entitlement is perhaps his biggest character flaw. He does not respect the position he was elected into.........or the people who elected him..............in his mind he is ENTITLED to the job.

and that is part of his dangerous psyche. (IMHO_

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
very well stated. you have your finger on the pulse of the situation.......

and yes the dismantling is taking place right in front of u.s standards are being trashed , ethics have no place , the law can be manipulated to suit a desired purpose..... fowl mouth behavior is acceptable , lies are the norm......Truth and facts are questioned.or branded as hoax......... enter the alternate reality of Trump world. The normalizing of the abnormal is quite dangerous..........and folks don't seem to realize what is happening. Yet it is taking over the US........... as is the nastiness...........filters are being torn to reveal the primal and even barbarian nature of folks.

..btw: Liked the fact that Nancy tore up the self ingratiating speach. THAT is the kind of "language trump understands. He interprets tact, diplomacy as favoringhim.
The swamp is slowly being drained . MAGA

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I had mixed reactions on Nancy tearing up his speech. On the one hand I thought it a clear message to him and his party that it was (for the most part) deservedly dismissed as divisive rhetoric while on the other hand I found that it somewhat sunk to a level that is beneath her. I was torn, no pun intended.
Beneath her . Give me a break .

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Exactly!!! That has been the pattern of his entire adult life............and it has not changed since he took office. It as hoped that the gravity of the office might instill some behavior change.......but not to be. He has just grown more arrogant, condescending, rude and ruthless. His sense of entitlement is perhaps his biggest character flaw. He does not respect the position he was elected into.........or the people who elected him..............in his mind he is ENTITLED to the job.

and that is part of his dangerous psyche. (IMHO_
Sadly for you and the Democrats most of America do not see the same man as you .

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Mitt Romney the only Republican in the Senate to break party lines:

In the end, the evidence was inescapable. “The president did in fact pressure a foreign government to corrupt our election process,” Romney said. “And really, corrupting an election process in a democratic republic is about as abusive and egregious an act against the Constitution—and one's oath—that I can imagine. It's what autocrats do.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/02/romney-impeach-trump/606127/

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Sadly for you and the Democrats most of America do not see the same man as you .
The Americans seems to want an authoritative leader now. They "talk" democracy........but yet elected a strongman type.........who is trying to emulate Putin. There is a major shift afoot. They , like their current leader would toss out the rule books and create their own .....

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary
Yet it is the Democrat Party that still hasn’t let go of the last election . They were calling for his impeachment before he was even inaugurated, they propagated the Russian Collusion debacle and when the Mueller report showed that to be a dud , turned directly to Ukraine . And you worry about Trump ? Look at your party .

To reiterate, the American Democratic party is not my party for the first obvious reason that I am not an American. And because someone views Trump unfavorably does not mean they are aligned with Democrats. But then again, if anyone does disagree with Trump or his supporters they are summarily identified and dismissed as such and so it does not shock that you share that mindset. I see where Dems made their mistakes in 2016 and I see where they are doing the same this election.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
I think people in America should be fearful of any hint at abolishing term limits.
talking to some family members who live there.-in various states)..........many are very uneasy..........with what is happening. They are losing confidence in the electoral process........and that scares them.......as the alternatives are very concerning. Some are feeling a sense of impotence........with few options.

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary
talking to some family members who live there.-in various states)..........many are very uneasy..........with what is happening. They are losing confidence in the electoral process........and that scares them.......as the alternatives are very concerning. Some are feeling a sense of impotence........with few options.

I have a very good friend who lives in California who is a Democrat who actually voted for Trump. We have been at great odds more than once in our discussions around him and have decided that our friendship is more important than where we stand politically. There are some things that concern her but for the most part she's pretty content, of course.

I can understand the unease your family feels, it's a crazy place for some to be right now.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Most of Trump's base refuses to find fault in him, any fault. It's troubling to see.
That is what Trump wants in his "following" Yes......it is very troubling to see that large groups of people can be conditioned into ditto people. Trump wants total control over them.........and no questioning or opposition from them. They have allowed themselves to be under his control.,.....and that is concerning. Group thinkers like that will go to any lengthy to support their leader.

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary
That is what Trump wants in his "following" Yes......it is very troubling to see that large groups of people can be conditioned into ditto people. Trump wants total control over them.........and no questioning or opposition from them. They have allowed themselves to be under his control.,.....and that is concerning. Group thinkers like that will go to any lengthy to support their leader.

I truly believe that some people who vote in elections do so with very little knowledge of the candidate they are choosing. Some simply watch TV, hear who is shouting the loudest or see who is shaking their fist with the most ferocity and take that to the polls. And Trump delivers every single time at every one of his hate rally's that are laced with misleading claims of his greatness and adolescent jabs at political opponents, widows, women and American servicemen. In my opinion he has tapped into America's hatred and intolerance and he panders to it.

I recall this little gem by Trump:

“We won with young. We won with old. We won with highly educated. We won with poorly educated. I love the poorly educated.”

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
I have a very good friend who lives in California who is a Democrat who actually voted for Trump. We have been at great odds more than once in our discussions around him and have decided that our friendship is more important than where we stand politically. There are some things that concern her but for the most part she's pretty content, of course.

I can understand the unease your family feels, it's a crazy place for some to be right now.
Yes.....the feelings range from unease to concern to anger. and a feeling of uncertainty.

As you can imagine.......these feelings are not the norm for them as Americans" Those with republican leanings......have gone strangely quiet ;-)

Your right.....good friendships transcend politics;-)

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
The Americans seems to want an authoritative leader now. They "talk" democracy........but yet elected a strongman type.........who is trying to emulate Putin. There is a major shift afoot. They , like their current leader would toss out the rule books and create their own .....
No they want the swamp drained . Sadly Trump is the only one who sees that .