Mohawks Of Kanehsatake Proved Right!

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
For the very last time, my original link does mention cigs. Click and search for anything in the quote below'
"Their mission was to take down the Police Commission,
the police force, the cigarette trade, take over the police station and
council house and to bring the Mohawks into submission. ?

Censored and underreported News: Canada's 'Indian Affairs' Financed War Machine to Attack Kanehsatake Mohawks

My post did not include the whole article.
Well I'll be damned, I stand corrected. My apologies.

Now, do you think that that one three word statement is the gist of the article?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
It's kinda like focussing a discussion about diesel engines around compression ratios and expecting to be comprehensive and informative about how the engine works. "Well, what's a crankshaft?"
I know you get it LG, I'm wondering if Mhz does. Well actually that was just the nice optimist in me coming out. I really don't think she does get it. Or ever will for that matter.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Now, do you think that that one three word statement is the gist of the article?
No it is a small portion of a much more complex issue, why do I have to start with the biggest issues, past the headline (corruption) the names places and dates are quite new to me, the pattern used is not that different.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
MHz is a her?
As far as I know...;-)

No it is a small portion of a much more complex issue, why do I have to start with the biggest issues, past the headline (corruption) the names places and dates are quite new to me, the pattern used is not that different.
Yet you were ficsated on it none the less...interesting. I guess it was the only part you could understand.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
It's kinda like focussing a discussion about diesel engines around compression ratios and expecting to be comprehensive and informative about how the engine works. "Well, what's a crankshaft?"

Did you know that compression efficiency goes up by a full % for each 1/1000th you can reduce compression ring gaps by. If the gap ever reaches 0 (heat expansion above a determined number) well you lose all you gained and more.

Most auto engines run 2 compression rings, a truck piston has 3 compression rings. At 200,000 the two rings are pretty useless and need replacing, the 3 ring piston is still about 80% efficient and is good for another 200,000 or more.
Now if you could add variable cam lift and timing you might have something that a person would want if longevity is any sort of goal.

Do you know if you are bored or stroked?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Yet you were ficsated on it none the less...interesting. I guess it was the only part you could understand.
Nothing more than covering any points that part played before moving on. You are the reason it took so many posts to cover.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Did you know that compression efficiency goes up by a full % for each 1/1000th you can reduce compression ring gaps by. If the gap ever reaches 0 (heat expansion above a determined number) well you lose all you gained and more.

Most auto engines run 2 compression rings, a truck piston has 3 compression rings. At 200,000 the two rings are pretty useless and need replacing, the 3 ring piston is still about 80% efficient and is good for another 200,000 or more.
Now if you could add variable cam lift and timing you might have something that a person would want if longevity is any sort of goal.

My gawd!!! I think we finally found a topic you may know more then me on!!!

Way to go! ;-)

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Nothing more than covering any points that part played before moving on. You are the reason it took so many posts to cover.
:roll:

Ya...ok...

way to ruin a beautiful moment...back to the same old Mhz, limited grasp on reality...:lol:

That's twice so far today you have said that. Apologies for what?? Listening to bear, like I care who you chat too.
He thought you were a dude. I set him straight though.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Did you know .......
I know a lot of things about machines. Diesel engines use between 2 and 5 rings inclusively. Gasoline engines typically use 2 flat ones plus a wiggly one. :D I took a lot of theory before getting my mechanic's license and did a lot of work on machines. What amuses me is that you think there's necessarily a difference between an auto and a truck engine. Many truck engines use gasoline. Many autos use gasoline. Many autos use diesel. Many trucks use diesel.
Besides, what's this have to do with the point?

Yes.

Last edited:

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I took a lot of theory before getting my mechanic's license. What baffles me is that you think there's necessarily a difference between an auto and a truck engine. Many truck engines use gasonline. Many autos use gasoline. Many autos use diesel. Many trucks use diesel.
Nothing...which is why Mhz felt the need to type it out.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I took a lot of theory before getting my mechanic's license. What baffles me is that you think there's necessarily a difference between an auto and a truck engine. Many truck engines use gasonline. Many autos use gasoline. Many autos use diesel. Many trucks use diesel.
A 3 compression ring piston will work better and last longer. The drag caused by the extra ring is nothing when on cruise control. Say you wanted to restore an older car and keep it for many years. Using a truck piston, like what is available for a BBChev will save yo money in the long-run. About 1/2M km long.

You query was about compression efficiency, the 3rd ring is all about effiency and longevity

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
A 3 compression ring piston will work better and last longer. The drag caused by the extra ring is nothing when on cruise control. Say you wanted to restore an older car and keep it for many years. Using a truck piston, like what is available for a BBChev will save yo money in the long-run. About 1/2M km long.

You query was about compression efficiency, the 3rd ring is all about effiency and longevity
What query?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
This query "It's kinda like focussing a discussion about diesel engines around compression ratios and expecting to be comprehensive and informative about how the engine works."