Donald Trump A Birther????

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Is he realy going to run for President??????
Is he serious in his accusations or is it just a way to get publicity???

Donald Trump, Birther

Donald Trump, whose pseudo-entry into the Republican presidential sweepstakes has had the effect of making all the other candidates and near-candidates look classy by comparison, now is playing the despicable “birther” card. It figures. Everything about Trump’s career, personal life and properties, even his hairstyle, has been an exercise in bad taste.

This tactic plays to the lowest lights in the Republican party, about 70% of whose members harbor serious doubts about President Obama’s place of birth. This is not surprising: it is pure confirmation bias. Most Republicans don’t like Obama, and so don’t trust him. The confusion about his birth certificate feeds that distrust, and confirms it. It seems plausible to them that such an untrustworthy sort is hiding his true place of birth. To someone who trusts the President, this is not plausible. The slow-motion furor over his citizenship confirms their already formed beliefs too: that the Republicans are fools and racists.

More

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Donald Trump has really just become a caricature of himself.

But think about it.

Donald Trump. Sara Palin.

6 of one, half a dozen of the other really.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Donald Trump has really just become a caricature of himself.

But think about it.

Donald Trump. Sara Palin.

6 of one, half a dozen of the other really.
I see......another fixated on Palin:smile:

Wasn't the birth certficate thing started by Hillary when she was running against Obama?

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I see......another fixated on Palin:smile:

Wasn't the birth certficate thing started by Hillary when she was running against Obama?
Um, fixated, not so much. Amused? Confused? More in the ball park. :) Sorry, I just can't reconcile the term "Madame President" with the commercial I saw of "Sara Palin's Alaska"-where she was picking bugs out of her teeth. On camera. (I'm aware that a commercial implies the fact that it would have been on camera, but felt it needed to be stated again. In it's own sentence.)

Hillary may have been the first one to bring up the whole birth certificate thing, I really wouldn't put anything past any politician. The only thing I remember (vaguely) from her campaign was some off-side remark she made about Robert Kennedy. Can't remember what she said exactly, but it didn't do her any favours for sure.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
The Donald as president it would be like electing Donald Duck. Of course some fools
voted Arnold into office and look how that mess turned out. He would get the civil
service numbers down though because no one would work for him. His is as impossible
to deal with as the late Steinbrenner of the NY Yankees.
Sara Palin for President, now there is a joke, it would be like having the Beverly Hillbillies
in the White House. What the hell is the right wing thinking or are they thinking?
How desperate have they become, as to even consider these people for the top job?
It would be as bad as having Joe Biden run for President.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
It's not a birth certificate! He's only provided a "certification of live birth". It doesn't state the doctor or even hospital that he was born in!
The document is a "certification of birth," also known as a short-form birth certificate. The long form is drawn up by the hospital and includes additional information such as birth weight and parents' hometowns. The short form is printed by the state and draws from a database with fewer details. The Hawaii Department of Health's birth record request form does not give the option to request a photocopy of your long-form birth certificate, but their short form has enough information to be acceptable to the State Department. We tried to ask the Hawaii DOH why they only offer the short form, among other questions, but they have not given a response.

The scan released by the campaign shows halos around the black text, making it look (to some) as though the text might have been pasted on top of an image of security paper. But the document itself has no such halos, nor do the close-up photos we took of it. We conclude that the halo seen in the image produced by the campaign is a digital artifact from the scanning process.

We asked the Obama campaign about the date stamp and the blacked-out certificate number. The certificate is stamped June 2007, because that's when Hawaii officials produced it for the campaign, which requested that document and "all the records we could get our hands on" according to spokesperson Shauna Daly. The campaign didn't release its copy until 2008, after speculation began to appear on the Internet questioning Obama's citizenship. The campaign then rushed to release the document, and the rush is responsible for the blacked-out certificate number. Says Shauna: "[We] couldn't get someone on the phone in Hawaii to tell us whether the number represented some secret information, and we erred on the side of blacking it out. Since then we've found out it's pretty irrelevant for the outside world." The document we looked at did have a certificate number; it is 151 1961 - 010641.

FactCheck.org: Born in the U.S.A.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
It has his father's race listed as "African". That makes no sense for a "1961" document. And is that a modern font? Fake! Fake! Fake!
He doesn't need to produce the original, it was produced in 2007.

In BC if you get a replacement today they won't send you a replica of the original. You'll get the version they make today. I had to get one because I had no idea where my original was. I can assure you they weren't the same.

Even Fox News has given up on this.

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
He doesn't need to produce the original, it was produced in 2007.

In BC if you get a replacement today they won't send you a replica of the original. You'll get the version they make today. I had to get one because I had no idea where my original was. I can assure you they weren't the same.

Why can't we see the original?

Last edited:

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Nonsense his father was African his mother an American. Also sometimes records are
handled differently. I remember hearing how my Grandfather, was retiring from the railway
when WWII broke out. He took a bottle of rum down to the parish priest they drank it and
changed the date of Grandpa birth so he could work a couple more years.
Hawaii was a new State at the time so some records may or may not have been handled
differently than on the mainland. Every respectable Republican understands that and is not
contesting the birth certificate, because the document presented may be the only document
there is. I think all this conspiracy crap is just that, and its time to debate things of substance
instead of all these fringe issues. McCain was born on a base in Panama but no one is
contesting whether it was officially American territory or not. McCain is a man I don't often
agree with but he is an American and that should be the end of that.
The Donald is too wrapped up in the drama of his own TV show, and he understands not, the
real world around him. Some say look how successful he is, remember how many times he
has had properties go bankrupt? Ask the people of Atlantic City.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I would not!

You need to show the original to get your passport but you don't have to divulge it to be President?
I didn't show my original to get a passport. Vital statistics produces documents made today, not 40 years ago.

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
I didn't show my original to get a passport. Vital statistics produces documents made today, not 40 years ago.

I just did my passport AND I had to hand in the original because it CLEARLY states NO COPIES of original birth documentation!

And we live in the same province! We have the same forms!

Yes you do need to send in the original!

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I just did my passport AND I had to hand in the original because it CLEARLY states NO COPIES of original birth documentation!

And we live in the same province! We have the same forms!

Yes you do need to send in the original!
If you get one replaced it is considered an original. But what they don't do is pull out a 40 year old printing press to make one that looks like it did way back when.

So you are wrong. if you don't have one (can't find it) you get a replacement and it IS considered a legal birth certificate. That's how I got my passport.

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
If you get one replaced it is considered an original. But what they don't do is pull out a 40 year old printing press to make one that looks like it did way back when.

So you are wrong. if you don't have one (can't find it) you get a replacement and it IS considered a legal birth certificate. That's how I got my passport.

But Obama has the original, or so he claims, and he won't produce!