Tim Wise: An Open Letter to the White Right

Bcool

Dilettante
Aug 5, 2010
Vancouver Island B.C.
Tim Wise: An Open Letter to the White Right, On the Occasion of Your Recent, Successful Temper Tantrum
Posted on November 3, 2010

*NOTE: PLEASE RE-READ THE TITLE OF THIS ESSAY BEFORE GOING FURTHER. NOTICE, IT IS AIMED AT THE WHITE RIGHT. NOT ALL WHITE PEOPLE. ANYONE WHO THINKS THIS ESSAY IS “ANTI-WHITE PEOPLE,” AS OPPOSED TO THAT SEGMENT OF THE WHITE COMMUNITY THAT IS RIGHT WING, CANNOT READ PLAIN ENGLISH. PLEASE TRY AGAIN.*
_____
For all y’all rich folks, enjoy that champagne, or whatever fancy ass Scotch you drink.
And for y’all a bit lower on the economic scale, enjoy your Pabst Blue Ribbon, or whatever ****ty ass beer you favor.
Whatever the case, and whatever your economic station, know this…
You need to drink up.
And quickly.
And heavily.
Because your time is limited.
Real damned limited.
So party while you can, but mind the increasingly loud clock ticking away in the corners of your consciousness.
The clock that reminds you how little time you and yours have left.
Not much more now.
Tick, tock.
Tick, tock.
Tick.
Tock.
I know, you think you’ve taken “your country back” with this election — and of course you have always thought it was yours for the taking, cuz that’s what we white folks are bred to believe, that it’s ours, and how dare anyone else say otherwise — but you are wrong.

Read more: Tim Wise An Open Letter to the White Right, On the Occasion of Your Recent, Successful Temper Tantrum

gingersnap

Nominee Member
Oct 18, 2009
Vancouver
Tim Wise sounds like a bit of a loon.

And the title is correct - he thinks that if you're white and disagree with the current administration, then you're racist, you think kids should still work in mines and women shouldn't vote. Or something equally stupid.

Bcool

Dilettante
Aug 5, 2010
Vancouver Island B.C.
Tim Wise sounds like a bit of a loon.

And the title is correct - he thinks that if you're white and disagree with the current administration, then you're racist, you think kids should still work in mines and women shouldn't vote. Or something equally stupid.

I didn't say if I agreed or disagreed with his blog, but at least I did read it B4 posting about it, you obviously did not. lol:

" . . . You have won a small battle in a larger war the meaning of which you do not remotely understand. ‘Cuz there is nothing even slightly original about you.
There have always been those who wanted to take the country back.
There were those who, in past years, wanted to take the country back to a time of enslavement and indentured servitude.
But they lost.
There were those who wanted to take us back to a time when children could be made to work in mines and factories, when workers had no legal rights to speak of, when the skies in every major city were heavy with industrial soot that would gather on sidewalks and windowsills like volcanic ash.
But they lost.
There were those who wanted to take us back to a time when women could not vote, or attend any but a few colleges, or get loans in their own names, or start their own businesses.
But they lost.
There were those who wanted to take us back to a time when blacks “had no rights that the white man was bound to respect,” – this being the official opinion of the Supreme Court before those awful days of judicial activism, now decried by the likes of you – and when people of color could legally be kept from voting solely because of race, or holding certain jobs, or living in certain neighborhoods, or run out of other towns altogether when the sun would go down, or be strung up from trees.
But they lost.
And you will lose.
So make a note of it.
Tweet it to yourself.
Put it on your Facebook wall and leave it there so you’ll remember that I told you so.
It is coming, and soon.
This isn’t hubris. It isn’t ideology. It is not wishful thinking.
It is math. . . . . "

lol uh huh. I'm sorry, who's having a tantrum? :) That's hilarious.

Pitiful. :roll:

Tim (the not so) Wise would be 'wise' to remember that Republicans, and especially the much maligned Tea Partiers are far less racists and more decent than he and his ilk could ever (not that they would ever want to) be:

Even more pitiful. Although we can always count on you for black humour. :albino:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCqQRflUWd4&feature=player_embedded

Last edited:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
"cuz"... "ya'll"

Did somebody say something about "plain English"? lol

There were those that said that conservatism and the GOP was dead.

But they lost.

Bcool

Dilettante
Aug 5, 2010
Vancouver Island B.C.
Tim (the not so) Wise would be 'wise' to remember that Republicans, and especially the much maligned Tea Partiers are far less racists and more decent than he and his ilk could ever (not that they would ever want to) be:

Allen West gonna shakeup the Congressional Black Caucus | The Right Scoop

Even more pitiful. Although we can always count on you for black humour. :albino:

YouTube - Learn to Speak Tea Bag

No wait... that's right.

Plain as the right leaning T-baggie, misogynistic FOX idjut:

YouTube - Woman Receives Death Threats Days After Beck Attacks Her Reluctance To Recite Pledge of Allegiance

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Those who still demean the Te Party obviously never heard the words of Ghandi, who encouraged his followers by saying something to effect that: First they ignore you. Then they ridicule you. Then they attack you. Then you WIN!!

Kind of similar to the Tea Party. In spite of all the ridicule and attack by the slime bags, Tea Party candidates won more than they lost.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Those who still demean the Te Party obviously never heard the words of Ghandi, who encouraged his followers by saying something to effect that: First they ignore you. Then they ridicule you. Then they attack you. Then you WIN!!

Kind of similar to the Tea Party. In spite of all the ridicule and attack by the slime bags, Tea Party candidates won more than they lost.

Hate to break your pitiful little heart but the tea party ARE the slimebags. ALso you better reread Ghandi

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Good God have we really divided ourselves to this degree? Fact is victory for either side is fleeting.
We are watching America come apart economically, in fact Canada is right behind. Don't think so?
Look at the rapid rise in the market, it will increase interest rates and then the overpriced bubbles
begin. What does this have to do with anything? The election victory could turn out to be the last
straw for the American people. All that take our country back and we are on the wrong road and so
on. The truth is, there is no right or wrong road, the only road is down hill and who ever is in power
will slide to the end of the rope. Obama, is in trouble, because he came to power way too late in the
game to save it. The Republicans will want to balance a budget at the wrong time. Trouble is there
is no right time. Its either print money and hike interest rates, to offset inflation caused by printing
money. If they balance the books without understanding the economy is not out of the woods will
create an economic disaster the like we have not seen in generations, and that downward spiral will
take all of us with it. There is one thing they can do, and that is work together and forget about the
right wing, left wing rhetorical game. This is not about the white right, or the politically correct petty
anti liberal left. This is really about our children's and grand kids future. Unfortunately we are so self
absorbed, and self centered we will let everything sink into a sea of debt for our own gratification.
The white right and the political right and their left wing friends and neighbours are all about to go over
the proverbial cliff. Do labels really matter when everything in ruins?

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario
lol like the guy in my linked video? Do me a favour and give me a for instance of a tea party racist act, so I can prove it to people when I explain to them how racist the tea party is.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
lol like the guy in my linked video? Do me a favour and give me a for instance of a tea party racist act, so I can prove it to people when I explain to them how racist the tea party is.
Seems to me the guy in the video was just pissed off that a bunch of white folks were have a tea party wand didn't invite him. I didn't hear him (but then it was hard to hear him beyond the swearing) say anything about being a liberal. Perhaps you read too much into it. Like most people on the right or the left, there is no middle ground, Just us and them. That seems to be the "ist" of the problem.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
Perfect example of Liberal thought. When they don't like something they make laws to stop everyone from enjoying it. Wish there were some way to ban San Francisco. Right or wrong, this is liberal thinking going to far. Bet Tim Wise is behind this also.

SAN FRANCISCO – It's a happy moment for people who see the Happy Meal as anything but.
San Francisco has become the first major American city to prohibit fast-food restaurants from including toys with children's meals that do not meet nutritional guidelines. Just what are nutritional guidelines, where is the big one?

San Fran bans toys in some fast-food kids meals - Yahoo! News

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Perfect example of Liberal thought. When they don't like something they make laws to stop everyone from enjoying it. Wish there were some way to ban San Francisco. Right or wrong, this is liberal thinking going to far. Bet Tim Wise is behind this also.

SAN FRANCISCO – It's a happy moment for people who see the Happy Meal as anything but.
San Francisco has become the first major American city to prohibit fast-food restaurants from including toys with children's meals that do not meet nutritional guidelines. Just what are nutritional guidelines, where is the big one?

San Fran bans toys in some fast-food kids meals - Yahoo! News
Hell ya! It must be liberals because a conservative wouldn't think twice about poisoning their kids with junk food and cheap, toxic toys from China.