Simple slogans for simple people

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Nothing could enchant simple minds more than the simplicity designed by crooks for simpletons.

Hence, the never-failing effectiveness of phrases such as "Don't end it, mend it", "If the glove don't (sic) fit, you must acquit!", "Hope and change" and "We inherited a mess".

But the most recent one is the car/driver analogy by the Golden Tongued One, (after the car in the ditch analogy) something to the effect that if Americans want to go forward, they have to put the gear to "D" but if they want to move backwards, shift to "R".

Forgot to mention the most important thing, though: When your car is heading to the edge of the Grand Canyon, you would be well-advised to use the reverse ("R") gear before you fall to your demise. Of course, if you are bent on suicide, go right ahead in drive ("D"). Takes a totally blind person not to see this.

But this is just my opinion, not meaning to offend anyone.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Nothing could enchant simple minds more than the simplicity designed by crooks for simpletons.

Hence, the never-failing effectiveness of phrases such as "Don't end it, mend it", "If the glove don't (sic) fit, you must acquit!", "Hope and change" and "We inherited a mess".

But the most recent one is the car/driver analogy by the Golden Tongued One, (after the car in the ditch analogy) something to the effect that if Americans want to go forward, they have to put the gear to "D" but if they want to move backwards, shift to "R".

Forgot to mention the most important thing, though: When your car is heading to the edge of the Grand Canyon, you would be well-advised to use the reverse ("R") gear before you fall to your demise. Of course, if you are bent on suicide, go right ahead in drive ("D"). Takes a totally blind person not to see this.

But this is just my opinion, not meaning to offend anyone.
You fail to see that you cannot go forward in reverse.

Mute point when the US will be going in reverse whether they have a Democrat or Republican in control.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Actually given the fact that previous administrations drove the US car off the road it might be a good idea to try and get it back on the highway first. I'm not sure that Obama is doing that; or if he is whether or not he is doing it as fast as he should be; but it would be a good start. As Cliffy points out, however, with the bought and paid for politicians that now "run" the US it is probably impossible for any meaningful change to occur.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Actually given the fact that previous administrations drove the US car off the road it might be a good idea to try and get it back on the highway first. I'm not sure that Obama is doing that; or if he is whether or not he is doing it as fast as he should be; but it would be a good start. As Cliffy points out, however, with the bought and paid for politicians that now "run" the US it is probably impossible for any meaningful change to occur.

I think the political mentality (not just in the U.S.) is to move the highway to where the car is. :lol: :lol:

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
The most harmful meme going around is "Class warfare". The shills love using that one to hold everyone else by the balls. It's convinced the lower classes that they are committing a crime by supporting any redistribution of wealth.

Last edited:

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
You fail to see that you cannot go forward in reverse.

Mute point when the US will be going in reverse whether they have a Democrat or Republican in control.

What I fail to see is why go full speed 'forward' when the edge of the precipice is just two weeks away.